當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 英語中指路的表達方法

英語中指路的表達方法

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.61W 次

If you’re in a big tourist destination like New York City, chances are someone will come up to you to ask for help. It’s important to give the right directions because you don’t want other people to get (more) lost, do you?

英語中指路的表達方法

如果你在像紐約這樣的旅遊勝地,很有可能會有人來找你求助。指出正確的路是很重要的,因爲你不想讓別人迷路,對吧?


That means you’ll need to use the right spatial prepositions (which describe where things are) and not get confused between “right” and “left.” Make sure to use imperative sentences to sound confident when telling someone where to go.

這就意味着你需要使用方位介詞(用來描述東西在哪),同時你要有清楚的方向感。當爲別人指路時要使用祈使句,這樣聽起來比較自信。


You start with a simple verb to give clear instructions and add in spatial prepositions. Use landmarks like churches or parks so that people know they’re headed in the right direction. (In other words, learn nouns.)

你的回答以一個簡單的動詞開始,給出清晰的說明並添加空間介詞。使用類似於教堂或者是公園的地標,這樣人們就會知道他們是朝着正確的方向前進的。(換句話說,就是要學習名詞)


Verbs

動詞


along/walk straight down

沿着…走/沿着…直走


Walk along 6th Avenue until you find the Rockefeller Center Station.

沿着第六大街直走,直到你找到洛克菲勒中心車站。


left/right

向左/右轉


Turn left at the intersection and the building is on the right.

在十字路口左轉,大樓就在右邊。


around/over/under

繞着…走/走過/從…下面走


Go over the bridge and turn left at the next stoplight.

過橋,在下一個紅綠燈左轉。


a left/right turn

左轉/右轉


Make a left turn when you see the Hard Rock Cafe.

當你看到Hard Rock咖啡廳的時候左轉。


to

朝…方向走去


Head to Hudson Theatre and you’ll see the restaurant on the right.

朝哈德遜劇院的方向走,你會看到右邊的餐廳。


the first/second left/right turn

在第一個/第二個路口左轉/右轉


Take the second right turn and the museum will be on the left.

在第二個路口右轉,博物館就在左邊。


inue down/Follow

繼續沿着…走


Continue down West 45th Street until you get to the bus stop.

沿着西45街繼續走,直到到公交站爲止。


Follow this street for 10 minutes before turning left at West 41st Street.

沿着這條街走10分鐘然後再西41街左轉。


Spatial Prepositions

方位介詞


Spatial prepositions tell where a thing is located in relation to something else.

方位介詞是指就某一個參照物而言,某個東西放置在哪個位置。


de

在…的旁邊


Meaning: on the side of something else

意義:在某物的旁邊


The Imperial Theatre is beside the New York Marriott Marquis hotel.

皇家劇院在紐約萬豪酒店的旁邊。


to

緊挨着


Meaning: to the side of, similar to “beside” but can be used if there’s nothing in between

意義:在…一側,和“beside”意義很像,但是用來表示兩者之間無間隙。


The New York Marriott Marquis hotel is next to the Richard Rodgers Theatre.

紐約萬豪馬奎斯酒店緊鄰理查德·羅傑斯劇院。


靠近,在…旁邊


Meaning: close, not far

意義:近的,不遠


The Rockefeller Center Station is near West 46th Street.

洛克菲勒中心站在西46街附近。


the left/right of

在...左邊/右邊


Meaning: as long as you don’t get confused between left or right (or get political) this one is straightforward. If you stand in the middle of an avenue facing north, buildings to the east are on the right and the buildings to the west are on the left.

意義:只要你能分得清左右,這種表達就很清楚。如果你面朝北站在大街中間,東邊的建築就在你的右邊,西邊的建築就在你的左邊。


The post office is to the right of the corner store.

郵局在街角商店的右邊。


een

在兩者中間


Meaning: to have someone or something on each side

意義:在兩個人或者兩個食物中間


The Broadhurst Theatre is between two theatres.

布羅德赫斯特劇院位於兩個劇院之間。


nd

在…後邊


Meaning: being at someone or something’s back

意義:在某人或者某物的後邊。


The restaurant is just behind the metro station.

餐廳就在地鐵站的後面。


front of

在…的前面


Meaning: if something is in front of you, it’s in a position where you can see it if you look forwards

意義:如果某物在你前面,你向前看,他就在你能夠看到的位置。


When you turn a corner, you’ll find yourself in front of the church.

當你轉彎時,你會發現自己在教堂前面。

ss from

在…對面


Meaning: on the other side of a road, river, etc.

意義:在路/河…的另一邊


The New York Marriott Marquis hotel is across from the Disney Store.

紐約萬豪酒店就在迪斯尼商店的對面。


nd the corner

在拐角處


Meaning: you’ll find something when you turn a corner (a place where two streets meet)

意義:轉彎後,你會發現某物(兩條街道的交匯處)


If you’re in front of the Disney Store on 7th Avenue, then the Saint Mary The Virgin Church is around the corner.

如果你在第七大街迪士尼商店的前面,那麼聖母瑪利亞教堂就在拐角處。


the…street/avenue

在…大街上


Meaning: to be situated (located)

意義:座落在…


The Disney Store and the New York Marriott Marquis are both on 7th Avenue.

迪士尼商店和紐約聖母瑪利亞教堂都在第七大街。


the crossroads/intersection

在十字路口/十字路口


Meaning: a place where two roads meet

意義:兩條路交匯的地方


You’ll see a big mall at the intersection of 6th Avenue and West 51st Street.

你會在第六大街和西51街的交匯處看到一個大的購物市場。


Nouns

名詞


Using landmarks when giving directions makes it easier for an inquirer to find what he or she is looking for.

指路時使用地標會幫助問路者比較容易的找到路。


ges


Cross the bridge and the hotel is on the first street on the left.

過橋後,旅館就在第一大街的左邊。


s

公園


Walk past the park, and keep going straight until you see the sign for the museum.

走過公園,一直走,直到你看到博物館的標誌。


ches

教堂


McDonald’s is past the church on West 51st Street.

麥當勞在西51街教堂的後面。


res

廣場


Times Square begins at the intersection of Broadway and 7th Avenue.

泰晤士廣場在百老匯和第七大街的交匯處。


It’s also useful to know the names of more common things you find in most big cities, like blocks, malls, coffee shops.

在大城市裏,知道一些常見的事物的名字也很有用,如街區,市場,咖啡店等。


If you’re giving directions in the countryside or on a walking trail, you’ll probably need nouns like big trees, a fast-running river, hills, etc.

如果你在鄉村或在步行道上指路,你可能需要知道一些名詞,如大樹、湍急的河流、山丘等。


Now you have some vocabulary to start giving directions!

現在你知道了一些詞彙來開始指路。


Asking and giving directions are important components of basic conversational language. We hope words in this article will enlarge your travel vocabulary and make you comfortable enough to ask and give directions.

問路和問路是基本會話語言的重要組成部分。我們希望這篇文章的文字會擴大你旅行的詞彙量並且能夠使你順暢地去指路和問路。