當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 吸血鬼日記S03E01筆記:以爲鄉下人會更容易相信別人

吸血鬼日記S03E01筆記:以爲鄉下人會更容易相信別人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.8W 次

1、I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting.

padding-bottom: 119.85%;">吸血鬼日記S03E01筆記:以爲鄉下人會更容易相信別人

我還以爲你們鄉下人會更容易信任別人。


country/farming folk

住在鄉下的人;在鄉下工作的人


e.g: simple country folk

普通村民


2、Just shopping for the party you're trying to bail out on.

爲你的生日派對購物呢,你別想溜。


bail out

逃離;避開;離開


e.g: They bailed out after the dancing party.

舞會後他們離開了。


3、Another dead end you mean?

你是說,又要白跑一趟?


dead end

死衚衕;僵局;無任何進展


e.g: The negotiations have reached a dead end.

談判陷入了僵局。


4、My dad's side of the family is like wet paint that never dries.

我爸這邊的事兒可多了,沒完沒了的。


like wet paint that never dries

連續不斷的;沒完沒了的


e.g: There are so much work like wet paint that never dries.

這麼多工作沒完沒了。


5、Something's up with your mother.

你媽肯定有什麼事。


something is up with somebody

某人不對勁;有問題


e.g: Is something up with Julie? She looks really miserable.

朱莉怎麼了?看着愁眉苦臉的。


6、Now your type are very hard to come by.

現在可很難遇見你這種人。


come by something

獲得,得到(很稀有或難得到的東西)


e.g: How did you come by these pictures?

你是怎麼得到這些畫的?


7、I don't know why you just don't come clean and tell her where we are.

我不明白你爲什麼不說實話,告訴她我們在哪兒。


come clean

徹底交待;坦白承認;告知真相


e.g: The government should come clean about its plans.

政府應該坦白告訴大家計劃。


8、You know I just need to chill out.

你知道的,我只是需要冷靜一下。


chill out

冷靜


e.g: I spent the afternoon chilling out.

一個下午我都在冷靜。


9、This room's off limits.

這房間不能進。


off limits

禁止入內;禁區


e.g: Footpaths are, of course, off limits to bikers.

人行道是自行車和摩托車的禁區。


10、You put on a good show Stefan.

演得不錯,斯特凡。


put up a good/poor show

表演的好/不好


e.g: Our team put up a pretty good show, but we lost in the end.

我們隊表演的非常好,但是最後還是輸了。