當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第101期:增強加強

英語口語練習小對話 第101期:增強加強

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.46W 次

迷你對話:

padding-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第101期:增強加強

A:What did her boss say to you?

老闆對你說什麼了?

B:He asked me tobeef upin the work.

他讓我在工作中提起精神。

A:Yeah. You look so unhappy recently. What’s the matter.

是啊。最近看起來你不大高興。有什麼事嗎?

B:Nothing, thanks. I am just not in the mood these days.

沒有,謝謝關係。我只是這幾天情緒不好。

地道表達:

beef up

解詞釋義:

beef的本義是“牛肉”的意思,但是beef up與“牛肉”無關。這兒的beef指“加重,加深,增加,加強”,最動詞用。

支持範例:

Eg. We must beef up the army with new young people.

我們必須招募年輕的新兵以強化軍隊。

Eg. Our coaches are going to beef up the quarter backs.

我們的教練打算加強後衛。

Eg. They decided to beef up the baseball pitching staff by getting new men.

他們決定徵選新人,來增強棒球隊的投手羣。

詞海拾貝:

in the mood:心情好

Eg. I was caught up in the mood of the evening.

我沉醉在夜晚的情調中。

Eg. I am not in the mood to argue.

我沒有心情爭辯。

Eg. To tell the truth he was not really in the mood for anything.

說實在的,他此時幹什麼事都打不起精神。

Eg. She was in the mood for confidences that afternoon.

那天下午她顯出很自信的樣子。

in the work:在工作中

Eg. He ordered that all (should) take part in the work.

他命令大家都參加這工作。

Eg, Jerry has offered to take a share in the work.

傑裏表示願意參加這項工作。

Eg. Don' t make much of your achievements in the work.

你不要總宣揚自已的工作成就。

Eg. She rolled up her sleeves and joined us in the work.

她擼起袖子, 和我們一道幹了起來。