當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第911期:迷戀上

迷你對話學地道口語第911期:迷戀上

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.34W 次

第一, 迷你對話

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第911期:迷戀上

A: Maybe you are right. But in most cases I get sick of people who keep smiling.

也許你是對的,在大多數情況下,我還是討厭那些始終微笑的人。

B: Keeping a straight face may indicate a boredom. But if you fall for someone, I’m sure you will smile to her most of the time instead of keeping a straight face in front of her.

面無表情暗示着討厭,但是如果你迷戀上某個人,我相信在大多數時間,你一定是對她微笑而不是神情嚴肅。

A: I don’t have a bone to pick with you on this point. By the way, did you fall for the manager? It seems you had a crush on him.

我不想在這個問題上和你爭吵。順便問一下,你是不是迷戀上經理呢?看上去似乎你已經愛上他了。

B: Nonsense! Don’t fall for anyone.

廢話,你最好別迷戀上任何人。

第二, 核心短語

fall for

1. 解詞釋義

Fall 在這裏的意思是“傾向於”,fall for的意思即爲:傾向於……。其後面跟sb.,意爲“迷戀上某人”;其後面跟sth.,意爲“親信某事”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. If you tell him that it'll make him a lot of money, he's bound to fall for the idea.

如果你告訴他這可以賺很多錢, 他定會信以爲真。

e.g. I told him I would think about it and asked for his telephone number. He didn't fall for that one.

我告訴他我會考慮,然後跟他要電話號碼。他並沒有上當。

e.g. No wonder Byron fell for you. My God, you're pretty.

怪不得拜倫讓你迷住了。我的上帝,你可真漂亮。

e.g. They met, fell for each other and got married six weeks later.

他們倆一見傾心, 六個星期後就結了婚.

第三, 妙語連珠

1. in most cases:在大多數情況下

e.g. In most cases, they'll find your luggage.

在大多數情形下,他們會找到你的行李。

e.g. In most cases, you will take evening classes.

多數情況下,你會上晚班課。

2. get sick of:厭倦,厭惡

e.g. I get sick of hearing that music all the time.

我對整天聽那音樂感到厭煩。

e.g. I'm sick of the winter; why doesn't it get warm?

我對這冬天感到厭煩了;爲什麼還不暖和起來?

3. keep a straight face:板着臉

e.g. When Bob fell into the water, he looked funny and I could hardly keep a straight face.

鮑布掉入水中時,看起來很滑稽,我幾乎禁不住笑出來。

e.g. She did his best to keep a straight face as he walked slowly into the drawing-room, and stood looking out at the delegates, a frown on his face.

她忍住了笑,慢慢地踱到客堂裏朝外站着,皺了眉頭。

3. have a bone to pick with:與某人爭論,對某人有怨言

e.g. I have a bone to pick with you. You still owe me the fifteen dollars you borrowed.

我有賬跟你算。你向我借的十五美金還沒還呢!

e.g. Here! I have a bone to pick with you about the way you spoke to me yesterday.

喂!我對你昨天向我說話的那種方式有意見。

4. have a crush on:迷戀

e.g. High school girls sometimes have a crush on their teachers.

高中女學生有時迷戀於他們的老師。

e.g. He has had a crush on her ever since they met at the party.

自從那次晚會上見面以來,他就深深地愛上了她。