當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第377期:Fond Memories of France 有關法國的美好記憶

美語情景對話 第377期:Fond Memories of France 有關法國的美好記憶

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.6K 次

Todd: So, Mike, you were born in Europe, but grew up in Canada. Have you been back to Europe?

託德:邁克,你在歐洲出生,在加拿大長大。那你回過歐洲嗎?

Mike: Yeah, uh, I've been back to Europe on a couple of occasions. The first time, I guess I went back to Europe was in 1989, 1990, when I went to visit my brother who was studying in France in Paris, studying business at one of the business schools there. And during the trip, I'd, we'd rented a car, so we were driving around the country and one of the best memories I had was when we drove into Leon, in the center of France, and the people were really friendly, really fantastic and we just met some people in a bar who then invited us out to their cottage, in the country, the following day for a pig roast.

邁克:回去過,我回過歐洲幾次。我想我是在1989年、1990年第一次回的歐洲,當時我去看望在法國巴黎學習的弟弟,他在那裏的一所商學院學習商業。在那次旅行中,我們租了輛車,所以我們可以在法國四處遊玩,我最美好的一個記憶就是我們開車去了法國中部的里昂,那裏的人們非常友好,是非常好的人,我們在酒吧裏遇見了一些人,他們邀請我們第二天去他們的農舍享用烤乳豬。

Todd: A pig roast!

託德:烤乳豬!

Mike: Yes!

邁克:沒錯!

Todd: What is a pig roast? You put a pig on a stick?

託德:烤乳豬是什麼?把豬放在柴木上烤嗎?

Mike: Yeah, well, that's exactly, we had no, we thought it was just a barbeque but we drove through this tiny road into the middle of the forest it seemed, and, there was this, we came to a cottage, a small wooden, very old-looking cottage, and next to it there were roasting a gigantic pig on a big spit over an open fire, (Wow!) and there was one, one of the people that we met was there turning the spit so that the pig was being, obviously was being well-cooked, and he'd been there for several hours already doing this by the time we arrived about 1:00 in the afternoon, and it was interesting. It was amazing. They told us the history of this little cottage that belonged to one of the people. It was several hundred years old, and apparently, it used to be a hide-out for French pirates.

邁克:嗯,對,沒錯,我們本來以爲只是燒烤,可是我們開進位於森林中部的道路上時,我們看到了那家農舍,那是一個小型的木製農舍,看上去有些年頭了,他們在農舍旁邊用烤肉叉和明火烤一隻非常大的豬,(哇!)我們遇到的其中一個人正在翻轉烤肉叉,這樣這頭豬就可以烤得很均勻,我們是在下午1點左右到的那裏,而那時他已經在那裏烤了幾個小時了,那非常有趣。也很神奇。他們告訴了我們這間小農舍的歷史,那間農舍屬於我們遇到的其中一個人。農舍有幾百年歷史了,而且曾經用作法國海盜的藏身之處。

Todd: No way!

託德:不是吧!

Mike: Yeah! Yeah, and it looked like a wooden shack. It didn't really look like something, which would be perfect as a hide-out because no one would suspect it. But it was fascinating. They even had pictures on the walls of two of the pirates that I guess visited or had visited been there during that time, and so, a lot of, just it's incredible, the history, and the culture that you'll find in that small little shack in the woods, in the middle of Leon.

邁克:是的,是的,農舍看上去像一間木製的棚屋,並不像什麼好地方,所以用來躲藏非常完美,因爲沒有人會懷疑這裏。不過那裏真的很迷人。牆上還掛着兩個海盜的照片,我想應該是某個時間去過那間農舍的海盜,所以許多事情都很不可思議,在這間里昂中部的木製棚屋裏發現的歷史還有它的文化都很不可思議。

Todd: That is cool!

託德:真酷!

Mike: Yeah, that is neat.

邁克:對,農舍很整潔。

美語情景對話 第377期:Fond Memories of France 有關法國的美好記憶

Todd: That is really cool! Nice, so um, what happened? You had lunch and then you.

託德:那真的很棒!好,那之後發生了什麼?你們用過午餐之後呢?

Mike: We had the pig roast, and obviously some wine and just had a great time. Got to meet all kinds of really new and interesting people and talk about the history of the place, and the actual, the region, the Loire valley, which is just famous for castles and for wine, very historic area in France.

邁克:我們享用了烤乳豬,當然配了一些紅酒,度過了美好的時間。我們認識了各種新朋友,他們都很有趣,我們談了那個地方的歷史,盧瓦爾河谷的歷史,那裏以城堡和紅酒聞名,是法國曆史悠久的地區。

Todd: Mm, that sounds nice!

託德:嗯,聽起來真不錯!

重點講解:
1. belong to
屬於;歸…所有;
eg. This house must belong to John.
這棟房子一定是約翰的。
eg. I belong to a football club and play every Saturday.
我參加了一個足球俱樂部,每星期六踢球。
2. used to do sth.
過去常常;過去曾;
eg. But you used to love Easter!
但是你過去很喜歡復活節!
eg. We used to be rushed off our feet at lunchtimes.
以前我們在午飯時間會忙得不可開交。
3. all kinds of
各種類型的;五花八門的;
eg. Afterwards people made up all kinds of excuses for their behaviour.
然後,他們就爲他們的行爲編造各種各樣的藉口。
eg. I have all kinds of fabulous adventures.
我有各種奇妙的歷險經歷。
4. be famous for
因……而出名;
eg. Richard was famous for his phenomenal fighting ability and courage.
理查以其驚人的戰鬥能力和勇氣而聞名於世。
eg. Puerto Rico is famous for its light and dark rum.
波多黎各以其味淡、色黑的朗姆酒而著稱。