當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第222期:Football Fan 球迷

美語情景對話 第222期:Football Fan 球迷

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.57W 次

Todd: So, Lois have you ever been to a professional football match in England?

託德:露易斯,你在英國看過職業足球比賽嗎?

Lois: Yes, I have. I support a team called Leicester city, and when I used to be at university I used to live in Leicester. I used to go to quite a few of their matches.

露易斯:看過。我支持的球隊是萊切斯特城隊,我上大學時就住在萊切斯特。我以前經常去看他們的比賽。

Todd: OK, so what's it like when you go to a professional game?

託德:好,那職業比賽是什麼樣的?

Lois: So first of all, the fans are all separated, because in England there's sometimes violence at football, so they like to keep the fans away from each other, and there's always a lot of police there, but I've never been at a match where there's been any trouble, so that's been OK. Um, the atmosphere is normally amazing because the smallest grounds hold about 20,000 people, so you get quite a good crowd, and because their stadiums are quite small, you're quite close to the pitch, so my team weren't very good though, so often my team would lose, so it wasn't so good, but when they won it was fantastic. Really, really good atmosphere and lots of fun.

露易斯:首先,球迷是分開坐的,因爲有時候英國的足球比賽會有暴力事件發生,所以他們會讓雙方的球迷分開坐,球場有許多警察,不過我看過的比賽沒有引發衝突的,所以還好。嗯,賽場的氣氛非常棒,因爲最小的球場也能容納2萬人,所以現場觀衆特別多,而由於體育場非常小,所以你離場地非常近,不過我喜歡的球隊表現不是很好,他們經常輸球,成績不是很好,不過他們贏球時現場的氣氛就會非常美妙。真的,氣氛非常好,而且有很多樂趣。

Todd: That's cool. So how much does it cost to get it?

託德:真酷。那球票要多少錢呢?

Lois: See again, it's quite expensive so maybe now for the lower teams it probably, cheapest ticket is 25 pounds, but for example if you wanted to go and see Manchester United play, play then maybe 50 pounds or more, but it's really really difficult to get tickets for Manchester United because everybody has a season ticket, so if you want to go and watch them you have to know somebody who can get you a ticket. It's difficult to just buy a ticket for those games.

露易斯:球票很貴,現在低排名球隊最便宜的球票可能也要25英鎊了,舉例來說,如果你想看曼聯的比賽,門票可能要50英鎊或者更貴,不過曼聯的球票真的很難買到,因爲所有人都會買季票,所以如果你想去看曼聯比賽,你必須要認識一個能幫你買到票的人。對那些強隊來說買到票都非常難。

Todd: Do you like Manchester United?

託德:你喜歡曼聯隊嗎?

Lois: I think there a good team. I think that the reason a lot of people don't like them is because they used to win all the time, so now they don't win so much, because now Arsenal win most of the time. So I think they're a good team, but I don't think you can like them if you're not from Manchester.

露易斯:我認爲那是支強隊。我認爲,許多人不喜歡他們的原因是因爲他們一直在贏,而現在他們贏得沒有那麼多了,因爲現在阿森納隊贏得最多。我認爲他們是支很棒的球隊,不過我想如果不是曼徹斯特人很難喜歡他們。

Todd: So Leicester is a very hard word to spell. I take it it's not L-E-S-T-E-R, no?

託德:所以萊切斯特是個很難拼寫的詞。我想拼寫不是L-E-S-T-E-R,對吧?

Lois: No. If you were an American you would probably pronounce it Lie-Se-Ster, so it's spelled L-E-I-C-E-S-T-E-R.

露易斯:不是。如果你是美國人,你可能會念成Lie-Se-Ster,所以拼寫是L-E-I-C-E-S-T-E-R。

Todd: Well, again! One more time!

託德:嗯,再一次!再拼一次!

Lois: L-E-I-C-E-S-T-E-R.

露易斯:L-E-I-C-E-S-T-E-R。

Todd: Wow, that's quite a handful. Alright, thanks, Lois.

託德:哇,真難拼啊。好了,謝謝你,露易斯。

padding-bottom: 66.25%;">美語情景對話 第222期:Football Fan 球迷

重點講解:
1. quite a few
表示“不少,相當多”,多用於口語;
eg. We haven't seen each other for quite a few days.
咱們有日子沒見面了。
eg. I can cite quite a few instances to illustrate.
我可以舉出好幾件事來說明。
2. for example
例如;比如;
eg. A few simple precautions can be taken, for example ensuring that desks are the right height.
可以採取一些簡單的預防措施,比如確保桌子的高度合適。
eg. There are many sources of air pollution; exhaust fumes, for example.
空氣污染有許多來源,例如廢氣。
3. all the time
一直;始終;
eg. We can't be together all the time.
我們不能始終在一起。
eg. I get the two of them mixed up all the time, they're so similar.
我一直把他們倆弄混,他倆太像了。
4. sb./sth. is a handful
某人可表示很難管;某事表示很難;
eg. Your full name is a quite a handful to remember.
你的全名真難記。
eg. Zara can be a handful sometimes.
扎拉有時很難管教。