當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第707期:養寵物

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第707期:養寵物

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.82K 次

That guy couldn't feed himself, let alone the pets.

padding-bottom: 75%;">跟艾米莉一起學口語 第707期:養寵物

那個人連自己都養不活,更別說養寵物了。


let alone

更不用提...;更別說...

He doesn't have enough money for food, let alone books.

他沒有足夠的錢買食物,更別提書了。


The boy has no time to take care of the dogs, so he has to give it away.

這男孩沒時間照顧他的狗,所以他不得不把它送人。



A: Do you have a pet?

你養寵物了嗎?


B: I want to keep a pet, but my wife doesn't like any pets. She is not getting a pet.

我想養一隻寵物,但是我的妻子不喜歡任何寵物,她是不會養寵物的。


A: Why not? You can keep a cute little puppy or a kitty.

爲什麼不?你可以養一隻可愛的小狗或者小貓。


B: But my wife won't look after a dog or cat.

但是我的妻子是不會照看狗或者貓的。

look after表示“照看”,“照顧”。類似的表達還有:take care of, give consideration to, care for等。


A: You can feed it, bath it and walk it everyday.

你可以餵它,帶它洗澡,每天出去帶它遛彎。


B: What if we want to go on holiday? Nobody can look after the pet. Plus, my wife thinks our house is so small that we can't feed a pet. What kind of pet do you want?

如果我們想去度假怎麼辦?沒有人可以照看寵物。而且我妻子認爲我們的房子太小了,不能養寵物,你想養什麼寵物?


A: I want to keep a dog.

我想養一隻狗。


B: Dogs are regarded as the most loyal friends by human. But they are energetic, and you need to make sure they get enough exercise every day.

狗是人類最忠實的朋友,但是它好動,你每天都帶它出去溜溜。

be regarded as...表示“被看做...”,是一個被動語態。主動語態爲...


A: What about cats?

那貓怎麼樣?


B: Cats are more independent.

貓沒有那麼粘人。


A: That's great. But we're planning to have a baby in the future, so it is not suitable to get a pet in our house.

那聽起來不錯,但是我們計劃將來要個孩子,所以在家裏面養寵物不合適。