當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第786期:抱怨領導和上司

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第786期:抱怨領導和上司

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.32W 次

實用句子

padding-bottom: 66.56%;">跟艾米莉一起學口語 第786期:抱怨領導和上司


a pain in the neck

討厭的傢伙

I really wish he would stop calling me. He's such a pain in the neck.

我真希望他不要再打電話給我。他真的很煩人。


take the cake

某人壞到極點

He blamed all the mistakes on me. It really takes the cake.

他把所有錯誤都怪到我身上。真是壞極了。


grin and bear it

默默承受;苦笑着忍受

All he could do was to grin and bear it until he got a new job.

他所能做的,就是在他找到新工作前忍氣吞聲。



經典對話



A: How was your day?

今天過得怎麼樣?


B: I don't think you really want to hear about it.

我想你不會想聽我發牢騷的。


A: It can't have been that bad. Go on and tell me about it.

情況能有多糟糕呢,跟我說說吧。


B: To be honest, it was horrible. My manager is such a pain in the neck.

老實說,真是糟透了。我上司實在是太討厭了。


A: Why? What happened?

爲什麼這麼說?出什麼事了?


B: Well, he made quite a few mistakes on a monthly report and when his supervisor found them, my manager blamed them on me.

他寫的每月報告裏出了好多錯,結果他的主管發現之後,他居然都賴在我頭上。


A: That's not fair. What did you do?

真是不公平,那你該怎麼辦?


B: There wasn't really anything that I could do. There's always been a lot of bad blood between my manager and myself. If I had said anything, he would have fired me for sure.

實際上,我無計可施。我們倆的關係一直很緊張,只要我隨便說點兒什麼,他肯定就會把我給炒了。


A: Does he treat everyone in the department like this?

他對你們部門的其他人也是這樣嗎?


B: He treats everyone pretty poorly. But the way he treats me really takes the cake.

他對每個人都不怎麼樣,但尤其對我可以說是壞到極點了。


A: Do you have any idea why he treats you worse than the others?

你知道他爲什麼對你比其他人還糟糕嗎?


B: I really have no idea.

我真是不明白。


A: Is there anyone else you can talk to about it at your company?

這些遭遇,你能跟公司裏的其他什麼人交流嗎?


B: Not really. I'm hoping to live with it for a while until I get a promotion.

恐怕不能,我只希望自己能堅持忍耐直到升職。


A: That's very sensible. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.

這樣很理智,你能這麼想說明你還挺聰明的。


B: I try to be sensible about it, but it's not very easy. Sometimes I just have to grin and bear it.

我努力讓自己儘量保持客觀去看待這件事,但真是不容易做到,有時我不得不逆來順受。