當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:收喵嗎,買一送四的那種!

雙語美文:收喵嗎,買一送四的那種!

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.17W 次

"Kindness like a boomerang always returns" 

padding-bottom: 60.63%;">雙語美文:收喵嗎,買一送四的那種!

善良就像迴旋飛鏢,總會回到出發的地方


Many years ago there were no leash laws.

許多年以前,寵物繫繩的法規還沒有頒佈


People's pets were allowed to roam around freely.

人們的寵物可以自由的四處奔跑


It was hard to tell sometimes if an animal was someone's pet or a stray.

有時很難分清,一隻動物是某人的動物,還是流浪者


While we lived in Kentucky

當我們還住在肯塔基州的時候


there was a cat I named Miss Kitty who came to visit every so often.

有一隻被我喚作“喵小姐”的貓咪,她經常來拜訪我們


When she arrived she would meow at the front door.

每次到來,她就會在我們門前喵喵直叫


When I heard the meow

我聽到貓叫


I'd run to find some food and water

就會端來食物和水


and take it out to her.

放在她面前


She would eat, drink, stay a short while

她會吃吃喝喝,然後留下來玩耍一會兒


then she would be on her way.

然後就會離開


There was a period of time I didn't see Miss Kitty.

後來有一段時間,我一直沒有看到喵小姐


I wondered what had happened to her.

我不知道她出了什麼事


Then one day I heard the familiar meow at the front door.

直到有一天,我聽到門外傳來熟悉的貓叫聲


When I opened the door I was surprised!

我打開門,頓時感到驚喜不已


There was Miss Kitty with a tiny kitten in her mouth.

喵小姐站在門外,嘴裏還叼着一隻小小貓崽


After I had made a big fuss about the little kitten to Miss Kitty

我對喵小姐大肆誇讚了一番這隻小貓崽多麼可愛


I ran back into the house to get some food and water.

然後跑回房去拿食物和水


I felt sad when I came back to see that Miss Kitty and the kitten were gone.

沒想到讓我傷心的是,當我回到門外時,喵小姐和小貓崽已經走了


It wasn't long and Miss Kitty was back again meowing at the door.

不過沒過多久,喵小姐又來了,還是在門外喵喵直叫


This time with another little kitten.

這次,她帶來了另一隻小貓崽


This back and forth went on until she had shown me all four kittens.

這樣來來回回,她一共帶來了四隻小貓崽


It's true kindness like a boomerang always returns.

善良就像迴旋飛鏢,總會回到出發的地方,果真如此!


The kindness I had shown Miss Kitty boomeranged right back to me

我對喵小姐付出的善良徑直回到了我身邊


when she brought her four kittens to the door.

當她把那四隻小貓帶到我家門外的時候