當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:不要妄下評論 否則你會大錯特錯

雙語美文:不要妄下評論 否則你會大錯特錯

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.34W 次

My wife and I parked at a trailhead the same time as a young man with a distorted face.

雙語美文:不要妄下評論 否則你會大錯特錯

我和妻子驅車旅行,在一條小路的路口短暫停留,路邊有一個小夥子,面部五官變形,十分醜陋。


He was covered in tattoos.

他全身都是紋身。


I assumed he was unfriendly, so we tried to distance ourselves from him.

我猜測這個小夥子可不是什麼大善人,所以我們開始加速,盡力與他的車拉開距離。


But he struggled hard to catch up and wanted to talk some.

沒想到他費力的趕了上來,似乎想和我們交談的樣子。


We slowed down.

我們降低了車速。


He said he was recovering from a bad time in his life.

小夥子告訴我們,他剛經歷了人生中的一段黑暗時期,正在努力適應。


We politely left him in the dust, heading up river.

我們友好的甩掉了他,向河流的上游駛去。


Hour later we turned back because a flash flood had taken out the trail bridge.

幾個小時之後,我們又回到了跟小夥子分手的地方,因爲山洪暴發沖毀了過河的小木橋。


There he was again, laboring up the trail wanting to engage us.

小夥子還在那裏,一看到我們他快步沿着小路走過來,想和我們攀談。


He also turned to follow us back.

原來他一直跟在我們的車後面,我們折返之後,他也跟着回到了此地。


He shared a little more of his story.

他又分享了一些自己的經歷。


He lost his mother and sister in a car accident

他曾在一場車禍中失去了母親和妹妹


 and he was permanently and horribly injured too.

而他自己也落下了永久性的可怕傷痕。


 We slowed down to the hobble he could manage for the whole way back to the trailhead.

我們放慢車速,一路蹣跚顛簸,好讓他可以追上我們,我們同行到了小路的路口。


He continued...

他開始繼續訴說


 "During much surgery and pain I came to hate life for taking my good sister and mom and this painful disfigurement .

我做過許多場手術,經歷了太多的痛苦,我開始怨恨生活,怨恨它奪走了我善良的母親和妹妹,還給我留下這令人痛苦的傷痕。


Insurance money kept my livelihood.

保險費讓我可以維持生計。


I was about dead when this happened..."

就在我感覺自己快要死掉的時候,發生了一件事……


He pulled up his shirt to show us a massive life size tattoo from neck to waist.

他揭開自己的襯衣,讓我們看他上身的巨大紋身,圖案從頸部一直延伸到腰際


It was two ladies in a brilliant light beckoning to him.

那是兩個女士,她們身後是耀目的光輝,兩個人正對他招手。


He pointed… "This is my sister and this is my mom.

他指着紋身對我們說,“這是我的妹妹,這是我的母親


 They told me to stop hating everything.

她們告訴我,不要再對一切都心懷怨恨了,


 They loved me just as always had and wanted me to live in love too!"

她們說,她們會一如既往的愛我,希望我也能生活在愛意裏。


He excitedly explained that the brilliantly colored tattoo was the exact dream he had that day.

他興奮的告訴我們,這幅色彩鮮豔的紋身圖案就和他那天夢到的場景一模一樣。


He stopped whining and started to love people more and live a good life.

於是,他不再自怨自艾,開始關愛周圍的人,積極的面對生活。


My prejudice melted away.

我對這個小夥子的偏見渙然冰釋。


It had painted a wrong picture of this wonderful person with a beautiful message.

我的偏見讓我對他產生了誤解,其實他是一個好人,有着美好的信念。


He bubbled about the magnificence of an experience he could hardly describe.

他絮絮叨叨的說着那個夢的重要性,他說他簡直無法描述夢中的情景。


We had dinner together and sang songs around a warm campfire that wasn't even lit.

我們和小夥一起吃了晚餐,圍坐在溫暖的篝火邊唱歌,雖然那篝火根本沒有燒起來,卻有着濃濃的暖意。


He stayed the night in our camper and we parted the next day.

當天夜晚他睡在我們借給他的帳篷裏,我們第二天才道別。


I learned more than he hoped to tell….

這個小夥子給我的啓示比他想要表達的還要多。


May it also warm your heart.

希望這個故事也會溫暖你的心。