當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:讓一切重新開始

雙語美文:讓一切重新開始

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.54W 次

Ring! Ring! Ring!

padding-bottom: 171.58%;">雙語美文:讓一切重新開始

鈴鈴鈴!


It was early in the morning and I knew who was calling as I dejectedly reached for the telephone.

時間還很早,我知道打電話給我的人是誰,磨磨蹭蹭的接了電話。


I was a new substitute teacher struggling to earn enough to support my young family.

那時我剛成爲一個代課老師,正想盡辦法多賺些錢,希望能養活我剛剛組建的小家庭。


Each morning I waited for a call that would take me to a different classroom that day.

每天早上我都等着那通電話,對方會告訴我這一天要去哪個教室代課。


The last three of them had all been determined to test the teacher and see just how much bad behavior they could get away with.

最近的三堂課上,學生們都 執意要測試我的底線,想看看他們違規亂紀的行爲中,我能縱容多少。


I had responded by being critical and angry with the students.

對此我的反應時批評教育,還對學生們發了脾氣。


I didn't really want to go to work that morning then, especially since it was my birthday.

所以那天早上我有點不想上班,特別這一天正好是我的生日。


Still, I answered the phone and took the job.

不過,最後我還是接了電話,準備去上班。


My family needed the money and I couldn't afford to be picky.

我需要這筆錢來養家,容不得我挑肥揀瘦。


As I was driving to work, however, I decided that I was going to begin again to be the best teacher I could be.

不過,當我開車駛向學校的時候,我決定重頭再來,要努力做一個最好的老師。


As school started the students once again were set to see what they could get away with.

開始上課了,學生們又開始故技重施,想看看我會容忍他們到什麼程度。



This time, though, I was firm but fair with them.

不過這一次我的態度發生了變化,我不再批評教育,而是堅持原則,態度溫和。



I did my best to make the lessons fun.

我盡全力讓課堂生動有趣。



I shared smiles, complemented their hard work, and encouraged them in their efforts.

我保持微笑,對他們的思考和努力給予評價,並且鼓勵他們繼續加油。



The effect was amazing.

這樣做的效果出乎我的意料。



My unruly classroom was soon transformed.

鬧哄哄的教室變成了另一番面貌。



Students were laughing and learning and I finally felt like I was doing my job right.

學生們不時歡笑,學得十分認真。我感到自己終於找到了正確的工作方法。



I went home happy in my heart and enjoyed the rest of my birthday with my family.

我高高興興的回到家裏,和家人幸福的度過了下半段的生日。


Every day is a new opportunity to begin again.

每天都是一個重新開始的機會。



Isn't it wonderful that we are all given a new beginning, a fresh opportunity, and a new birthday each day of our lives?

我們生命中的每一天,都是一個新的開始,一個嶄新的機會,一次重生,這不是很好嗎?


Every day we are given another chance to get things right, to live our lives with love and joy, and to make this world a better place.

每天我們都被給予了新的機會,讓一切步入正軌,讓我們用愛和喜悅去生活,讓世界變得更加美好。



Don't waste a single day then.

別浪費任何一天。



Every morning arise and begin once again to be the best you, you can be.

每當太陽升起,再試試,做最好的自己,你一定能做到。