當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語小故事 > 關於英語故事及翻譯閱讀

關於英語故事及翻譯閱讀

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.17W 次

故事永遠伴隨着我們,伴隨着我們的學習,從童年到老年,從課堂到職場,從故土到異鄉。因此我們說,學習始於故事。小編精心收集了關於英語故事及翻譯,供大家欣賞學習!

padding-bottom: 75%;">關於英語故事及翻譯閱讀
  關於英語故事及翻譯:Change altitude

改變高度

Rebecca had decided that her best chance of getting hired by a company doing geologicalsurvey work in the Alaskan wilderness was to earn a private license to fly twin-engine planes.

麗貝卡覺得,要想進入在阿拉斯加荒原做地質研究的公司,最好的方式就是擁有操縱雙引擎飛機的私家執照。

A few days later she began taking lessons from a wise old bush pilot,highly respectedthroughout the region for his cool and collected ways of dealing with the worst possiblesituations.

幾天後她便從師於一位年長而智慧的叢林飛行員。這位叢林飛行員一向以冷靜和善於處理極端事件而在這一地區聞名。

After the mandatory ground schooling, at which Rebecca excelled, and during her fourthlesson in the sky,the flight instructor gave her what she thought was a special treat:

麗貝卡在地面控制訓練方面做得十分出色。之後,在她第四堂空中飛行課上,飛行指揮員給了她一次她所認爲的特殊待遇:

Taking his hands off the yoke, he turned the flight controls over to her.

他將全部飛行指揮權交給了她。

There she was, just as she haddreamed, sitting tall in the copilot's seat with the flight stick firmly in her hands.

於是,如同麗貝卡所夢寐以求的那樣,她高高地坐在副駕駛的位置上,雙手緊緊握着操縱桿。

Rebecca felt as though she was literally on cloud at least, until a scant moment later when shefound herself rudely awakened from her dream.

麗貝卡覺得自己至少已經升上雲端了,但緊接着她便從夢幻中驚醒了。

In the distance, through the windshield, right in the path of the plane, and seeming to haveappeared out of nowhere, a huge snow-capped mountain lay dead ahead.

她從擋風玻璃裏看見,就在飛機的航線裏,遠處一座白雪覆蓋的大山不偏不倚地出現在正前方。

Transfixed by its sheer mass, Rebecca found herself as frozen at the stick as were the icedand craggy peaks stretched out before her.

麗貝卡完全被這座大山驚呆了,她感覺自己怔怔看着陡峭的冰山在眼前鋪開,身體僵在操縱桿前動彈不得。

She was headed straight for them!

她正向羣峯衝去!

All along the wise old instructor was watching her closely, studying her reactions.

整個過程中,那位年長睿智的駕駛員一直在仔細觀察她的反應,

In fact, he had turned the controls over to her for just this test now taking place.

事實上,他讓她操作駕駛,正是爲了用眼前這一幕來進行測試。

He waited until the last moment he could, and was just about to take over again, when Rebeccasnapped out of her fear-induced trance.

他盡己所能地等待着,就在他準備重新掌控飛行時,麗貝卡結束了她那恐懼所致的精神恍惚。

Sir, said a voice so trembling and timid that it even scared her, Please take over the controls.

先生,她的聲音顫抖着,幾乎連她自己都嚇到了。她囁嚅着說:還是您來駕駛吧,

I'm afraid we are about to crash!

我怕我們快要撞上了!

His reply stunned her.

他的回答則令她震驚。

No, he spoke quietly, I don't think I will. After all, it's your flight.

不, 他十分平靜,我不這麼覺得。不管怎樣,這是你的飛行。

Then what should I do? Please, tell me what to do! Rebecca said with a struggling to controlher voice.

那我應該怎樣做?求求你,告訴我該怎麼辦!麗貝卡盡力剋制着自己的聲音。

She managed to look over at her instructor, and was surprised to see virtually no worry at allupon his face.

她專注地看着她的教練,十分驚異地發現他臉上居然沒有半點焦慮恐慌。

His calm demeanor helped to steady her nerves.

他的鎮定讓她也平靜了下來。

She took a deep breath and relaxed her hands that had just about choked the life out of thecontrol yoke.

她深吸一口氣,那雙關乎生命存亡的雙手終於鬆了下來。

The next moment he gave her a short three-word instruction, and she knew everything wouldsoon be all right.

這時,他給了她一句簡短的指令,然後她便知道一切都會好起來的。

He simply said, Change your altitude.

他只是簡單說了句:改變你的高度。

Of course, her own mind echoed back to his command, and a split second later she pulledfirmly back on the yoke;the craft responded by rising, and mere moments later the icy peakpassed beneath her and out of sight.

當然了,她在意識裏迴應着他的指令,幾秒鐘之後她便牢牢拉回了操縱桿,飛機隨之上攀,一會兒便飛過了冰雪覆蓋的峯頂。

As Rebecca sat there, relieved by the results of her actions, she was struck by two things atonce:

麗貝卡坐了下來,她用自己的行爲改變了結果,因而感到如釋重負。這時,她意識到了兩件事:

How could she have forgotten that the controls were in her hands, and at least as important,why had she been unable to remember this on her own?

第一,怎麼能忘記控制權是在自己手中呢?第二點同樣重要,爲什麼自己就想不起來這一點呢?

She could choose her own altitude.

她可以決定自己的高度。

  關於英語故事及翻譯:You sure are lucky

你一定很幸運

It was a hot, muggy August afternoon, and I had every reason to feel sorry for myself.

那是一個潮溼悶熱的下午,我完全有理由爲自己掬一把同情之淚。

A comedy of hassles began with the normal airport security gauntlet, followed by a randomdrug test, and a missed flight home due to a number of mechanical, weather and late inboundflight problems.

一系列麻煩事從機場的常規安檢開始,接着是毒品抽檢,再加上機械故障、惡劣天氣和入港延遲等諸多問題令我錯過了班機。

Now my flight home was full and late.

現在我的回程航班不但晚點了,還人滿爲患。

During the usual pandemonium at the gate, I noticed a 5-year-old boy standing by his motherand watching me.

我發現一個五歲小男孩站在他母親身邊看着我。

He looked at me, then my bag, then back at me.

他開始小心翼翼地向我走來。

Cautiously, he left his mother’s side and slowly began to walk toward me, glancing between mybag, his mother and me.

視線在我,我的包和他媽媽之間遊移。

Great, I thought, now I have to babysit a 5-year-old. My day is now complete.

好極了,我想。我還得照看一個五歲小孩。這一天算是全完了。

As he came closer, I was both relieved and alarmed that it wasn’t me he was after.

等他來到身邊時,我先是鬆了口氣,接着有點不安,因爲他並不是衝着我來的。

It was my hat!

是我的帽子!

I started to tell him not to bother my things, but something made me stop and watch.

我想告訴他別動我的東西,可是不知爲何卻沒有說出口,只是看着他。

He stopped in front of my bag, looking at my hat, then up at me.

他聽在我的行李前,看看我的帽子,然後仰起臉來看着我。

With wide eyes, he gently touched the bill of my hat, running his index finger slowly along theedge, carefully touching the emblem.

他睜大了眼睛,輕輕地碰了碰我的帽舌,又小心地摸了摸上面的徽標。

Again, he looked up at me, now smiling, but saying nothing.

他又一次擡頭看我,微笑着,卻一言不發。

I asked him if he would like to wear my captain hat.

我問他想不想戴一下我的船長帽,

He excitedly nodded his head, still smiling.

他興奮不已地點了點頭。

I placed my hat on his head, but it fell down around his didn’t seem to mind and held itup in the proper position with both ran to show his mother, then back to me stillsmiling from ear to ear.

他戴上我的帽子,跑去給他母親看,然後回到我面前,樂得合不攏嘴。

With much reverence and ceremony, he slowly removed my hat with both hands andpresented it to me as though it were the crown jewels.

他恭敬有禮地用雙手慢慢摘下帽子,好像是捧着鑲嵌着珠寶的王冠似的,把帽子還給我。

I put my hat on and gave him an airplane card.

我戴上帽子,給了他一張飛機卡。

This, too, he held with both hands in awe.

他充滿敬畏地用雙手捧着它。

After this exchange, he still hadn’t spoken, although I knew he was excited.

這個交換過程,他始終未發一言,不過我知道他肯定很興奮。

I also was happy that I had been briefly distracted from my self-pity fest.

令人高興的是,這件事把我的注意力從自怨自艾中暫時抽離了出來。

Still holding the card carefully with both hands, he looked up at me and said, Mister, you sureare lucky.

他擡起頭來看着我說:先生,您真幸運。

Yes, I said, I sure am.

是的,我說,我確實很幸運。

I contemplated the wisdom of a 5-year-old, as I got the last seat on that flight home.

我坐在回程班機的最後一個座位上,一個五歲男孩的睿智讓我思緒萬千。

  關於英語故事及翻譯:See with the heart

用心去看

And now here is my secret, said the fox, It is very simple: it’s only with the heart that one cansee rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

這就是我的祕密,小狐狸說道,它很簡單:只有用心靈,一個人才能看得很清楚。真正的東西不是用眼睛可以看得到的。

Good morning, said the little prince.

早上好。小王子說道。

Good morning, said the railway switchman.

早上好。扳道工說道。

What do you do here? the little princeasked.

你在這裏做什麼?小王子問。

I sort out travelers, in bundles of a thousand, said the switchman.

我一包包地分選旅客,按每千人一包。扳道工說,

I send off the trains that carry them; now to the right, now to the left.

我打發這些運載旅客的列車,一會兒發往右方,一會兒發往左方。

And a brilliantly lighted express train shook the switchman’s cabin as it rushed by with a roarlike thunder.

這時,一列燈火明亮的快車,雷鳴般地響着,把扳道房震得顫顫悠悠。

They are in great hurry, said the little prince. What are they looking for?

他們真匆忙呀,小王子說,他們要尋找什麼?

Not even the locomotive engineer knows that, said the switchman.

開機車的人自己也不知道。扳道工說道。

And a second brilliantly lighted express thundered by, in the opposite direction.

於是,第二列燈火通明的快車又朝着相反的方向轟隆轟隆地開過去。

Are they coming back already? demanded the little princes.

他們怎麼又回來了呢?小王子問道。

These are not the same ones, said the switchman. It is an exchange.

他們不是原來那些人了。扳道工說,這是一次對開列車。

Were they not satisfied where they were?

他們不滿意他們原來所住的地方嗎?小王子問道。

No one is ever satisfied where he is, said the switchman.

人們是從來也不會滿意自己所在的地方的。 扳道工說。

And they heard the roaring thunder of a third brilliantly lighted express.

此時,第三趟燈火明亮的快車又隆隆而過。

Are they pursuing the first travelers? demanded the little prince.

他們是在追隨第一批旅客嗎?小王子問道。

They are pursuing nothing at all, said the switchman.

他們什麼也不追隨。扳道工說,

They are asleep in there, or if they are not asleep they are yawning.

他們在裏面睡覺,或是在打哈欠。

Only the children are flattening their noses against the windowpanes.

只有孩子們把鼻子貼在玻璃窗上往外看。

Only the children know what they are looking for, said the little prince.

只有孩子知道他們自己在尋找什麼。小王子說,

They devote their time to a rag doll and it becomes very important to them; and if anybodytakes it away from them, they cry…

他們爲一個布娃娃花費不少時間,這個布娃娃就成了很重要的東西,如果有人奪走的他們的布娃娃,他們就哭泣...


看了“關於英語故事及翻譯”的人還看了:

1.關於英語故事加翻譯閱讀

2.關於英語故事帶翻譯閱讀

3.有關英語故事帶翻譯閱讀

4.帶中文翻譯的英語故事大全

5.經典英語故事帶翻譯閱讀