答客贊 我是一棵孤獨的小草
In Reply to a Friend's Compliments-
答客贊 —I am a Solitary Blade of Grass
我是一棵孤獨的小草Why do you say I am a national treasure?
怎麼你說我是個國寶?
No, pandas are the treasures of our nation!
不,熊貓纔是中華的國寶!I am nothing but a solitary blade of grass,
我是一棵孤獨的小草,In terms of figures,I am really quite slim.
論身材我的確十分苗條。I 've been raised up with rains,dews and sunshine,
陽光雨露撫育我成長,The blue sky and white clouds greet me with smiles;
藍天白雲向我點頭微笑;Pretty flowers have kept me company,
有百花爲我作伴,How can I be lonely,not happy and carefree?
我怎能孤獨,而不快樂逍遙?Sometimes I seem to be toppling down,
有時雖有點搖搖欲墜,But I will never swing with the wind;
但我決不臨風歪倒;Or flow with the stream,
既不會隨波飄流,Nor do I win favor with crooked means.
更不會投機取巧。Tempered in the smoke of war,
經歷戰火的磨練,Tortured through the test of a hard life,
飽受生活的煎熬;Even though I'm next to nothing,
我雖然微不足道,Yet I'm a proud blade of grass!
卻是一棵驕傲的小草!