當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語優美文章 > 初中英語美文賞讀精選

初中英語美文賞讀精選

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.23W 次

映潮在他的《閱讀教學藝術50講》中特別提出 美文美教的概念:美文必須美教,這是不容置疑的。下面是本站小編帶來的初中英語美文賞讀,歡迎閱讀!

初中英語美文賞讀精選

  初中英語美文賞讀精選

麥克法蘭經典片段

They don't get up at dawn like you and go to work in the fields, right?

他們不像你們一般清晨起來就去場上訓練。

They don't go to school all day and then go back to those same fields.

他們不會每天都去上學然後又回到訓練場。

That's what you do.

那是你們才做的。

And then you come out with me and you run 8 miles, 10 miles, you take on.

然後你們跟着我每天跑8里路,10里路,這是你們承擔的。

You take on even more pain.

你們還要承擔更多的痛苦。

These kids don't do what you do. They can't even imagine it.

那些孩子做不來你們做的事情。他們連想都不敢想。

When I went out in that field that day with you Diaz kids, I'll be honest with you or so.

當那天我和你們迪亞斯的孩子來這個場地的時候,我跟你們說實話。

It's the worst day's work I've ever had to do in my life.

那真是我一生中最糟糕的工作。

And I said to myself, whatever kind of crappy job I end up in, it'll never be as tough as that.

我對自己說,不管我最後做了什麼爛工作,都不會比那更難了。

You kids do it every day.

你們卻每天都如此。

And your parents hope they can do it everyday, and they'll do it for a lifetime if it means a better life for you.

你們的父母希望他們也可以每天如此,他們願意一生都如此,只要那意味着你們會有更好的生活。

You guys are superhuman.

你們就是超人。

What you endured is just to be here to give a shot at this, the kind of privilege someone like me takes for granted.

你們付出了那麼多隻爲能到這裏一試身手,這是像我這樣的人視爲理所當然的權利。

There is nothing you can't do with that kind of strength, with that kind of heart.

擁有那樣的力量和胸懷,你們沒有什麼做不到。

You kids have the biggest hearts I've ever seen!

我從沒見過像你們這樣擁有如此大勇氣的孩子!

  初中英語美文賞讀閱讀

左手利益,右手道德

It was Bob Diamond, recently of Barclays, who defined business culture as "how peoplebehave when no one is watching." Speaking in a lecture sponsored by the Today programmelast year, he declared that business corporations like Barclays had to learn how to be bettercitizens. Leaving on one side the irony of all this, what is remarkable is not that he said it, butthat so many other people are saying it too. Open any edition of the Harvard Business Reviewor look in the comment pages of the Financial Times, and there it is. "What is wrong with theculture of business and how do we put it right?" they're all asking each other.

近來,巴克萊銀行的鮑勃?戴蒙德把企業文化形容成“在無人注意時做出的舉動”。去年,他在由“今日”節目主辦的演講中稱,像巴克萊銀行這樣的商業公司必須學會如何成爲更好的公民。不去討論他說出此話有多麼諷刺,讓人驚訝的不是他說了這句話,而是許多人也都這麼說。翻開任一版本的《哈佛商業評論》或者瀏覽《金融時報》的評論網頁,這句話隨處可見。“企業文化到底出了什麼問題,該如何改正?”人們紛紛詢問彼此。

The Labour MP Jon Cruddas quoted with approval a theologian last year who'd said that ourbasic choice was between a neoliberal and a neo-Aristotelian view of the good society. Neoliberalmeans relying on the free market and the pursuit of self-interest as the driving force, not justin business but in life. We are familiar enough with that. But what about Aristotle, where doeshe come in? The memory of this ancient Greek philosopher is invoked whenever people talkabout virtue and good citizenship, for it is to him primarily that we owe our notions of how weshould behave when no one is watching. We should, he said, behave virtuously, and heclassified virtue under four headings, the so-called cardinal virtues. They are, in whateverorder you like, justice, prudence, temperance and courage. These, said Aristotle, were thepersonal qualities that ancient Athenians needed, in order to be good citizens of democraticAthens to make it work. The many people who are saying that the internal culture of businessbadly needs reform of its values to make it work, are really talking about the Aristotelianvirtues, or something like them. How you behave when nobody's watching depends on qualitiesof character, acquired by good example and by practice.

去年,工黨議員喬恩·克魯達斯引用了他所贊成的一位神學家的言論:我們最根本是要在新自由主義的優質社會和新亞里斯多德主義的優質社會中做出選擇。新自由主義意味着依靠自由市場,不僅在商業中,還在生活中把追逐個人利益作爲驅動力。這已爲我們所熟知。而亞里斯多德有何由來呢?每當人們談論美德和優秀公民素養時,我們就會想起這位古代希臘哲學家,因爲他最關注的就是當無人注意時人們缺少該如何言行的概念。他提倡爲人正直,並把美德分爲了四個標題,即所謂的基本美德。它們是堅忍 正義、審慎、節制與勇氣(排序不分先後)。亞里斯多德說這些是古代雅典人必須具備的品格,這樣才能成爲一個良好的公民,使民主政體的雅典發展下去。許多人都說企業亟需改革內在文化價值觀才能繼續運作,他們正是在談論亞里斯多德式的美德,或者和它類似的東西。當無人留意時,你的行爲取決於你通過學習和實踐所獲得的品質。

One place where these ideas are being systematically thought through, is in what is calledCatholic Social Teaching. Business people are slowly becoming more aware of it, including peoplewho do not normally look towards Rome for anything. It provides, so to speak, the theoreticalbasis for a ready-made architecture of virtue. And it says a business culture based on virtuewould strive towards serving the common good rather than just self-interest, and would evenwork better. As well as Aristotle, it owes a lot to the philosopher Thomas Aquinas, whoChristianised the four cardinal virtues by adding three more: faith, hope and charity. Can thebottom line of successful modern business be humanised by taking all these virtues into itsculture, rather than just profit and the maximising of shareholder value? An increasing numberof people seem to think it has no alternative.

天主教社會教學對這些思想進行了系統性的思考。商業人士開始慢慢注意到了它,包括一些不去借鑑任何經驗的人。這門課程可以說提供了一個即成的道德建築的理論基礎。以道德爲基礎的企業文化會努力去爲大衆謀求福祉,還不僅只是爲了一已私利。這樣的企業會更加成功。不僅是亞里士多德,哲學家托馬斯·阿奎那也爲這一理論做了不少貢獻。他把四項基本美德加上信、望、愛,做爲____所信奉的美德。成功的現代企業能不再一味謀利、不斷增加股東價值,而是把這些美德全部加入自身文化,使其更加人性化嗎?越來越多的人認爲現代企業要想成功,它們就別無選擇。

  初中英語美文賞讀學習

熱愛生活

However mean your life is, meet it and live it;

不管你的生活如何卑微,你都要正視它,生活下去;

do not shun it and call it hard names.

不要逃避生活,也不要惡語相加。

It is not so bad as you are.

你的生活不像你自己想象得那麼槽糕。

It looks poorest when you are richest.

當你最富有的時候,生活看上去反倒是最貧窮的。

The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.

故意挑毛病的人即使在天堂也能挑出瑕疵。

Love your life, poor as it is.

雖然生活清貧,但你要對生活付出熱情。

You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poor-house.

即便身處貧民院,你也可能會分享到一段快樂、激動、燦爛的時光。

The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the richman's abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

西下的落日灑在貧民院窗戶上的光芒,與照在富貴人家豪宅上的一樣光彩奪目;到了早春的時候,門前的積雪同樣會融化

I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, asin a palace.

我唯一能看到的是:一個心態平靜的人在那裏可以心滿意足地生活,懷着樂觀向上的思想,彷彿居住在皇宮裏一般。

The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.

在我看來,城鎮貧民的生活反倒常常是最獨立的。

Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.

也許他們很偉大,可以坦然地對待世間的事情。

Most think that they are above being supported by the town;

大部分人對於城鎮的恩惠不屑一顧,

but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means, whichshould be more disreputable.

可在現實生活中,他們維持生活的手段反而經常是不誠實的,這讓他們更爲聲名狼藉。

Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage.

像聖賢一樣,如同培育花園中的花草一樣來培育貧困吧。

Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends.

沒必要不辭辛苦地去獲取新東西,不管是衣服還是朋友。

Turn the old, return to them.

讓舊的翻新,回到它們的懷抱。

Things do not change; we change.

世間萬物不會變化,變的是我們。

Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.

賣掉衣服時,你要保留自己的思想。