迷你對話學地道口語第945期:掛個電話
第一, 迷你對話
A: Will you give your friends a buzz and put out a feeler to see if they like to offer me a loan?
給你的朋友打個電話,看看他能否給我貸點款?
B: Give them a buzz? What can I say to them? Say that you want a loan?
給他們打電話?説什麼呢?説你想貸款?
A: I just want to make sure that there is possibility of giving us a loan.
我就是想看看有沒有這個可能。
B: And they, too, want to make sure their loan is worthwhile.
她們也要確認這個值不值得做。
第二, 地道表達
give someone a buzz
1. 解詞釋義
Give someone a buzz 的意思是“給某人掛個電話”。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. Give me a Buzz before coming so that you won't come to a locked door.
在來這前請先給我掛個電話,以免讓你撲空。
e.g. Give me a buzz and tell me as soon as you've got the what's what.
如果你弄清楚了事情的真相就馬上打電話告訴我。
e.g. Anybody doubts you, give me a buzz on the phone, I'll straighten them right out.
誰要是懷疑你,你就給我打電話,我保證給你把問題澄清。
e.g. Why didn't you give me a buzz in Thursday and we'd have dinner before you went.
你何不星期四打電話給我,讓我們在你走之前一起吃頓飯。
第三, 咬文嚼字
put out a feeler:(用語言和行動)試探別人的反應
e.g. The chairman put out a feeler to see people's reactions to his election speech.
主席謹慎地試探人們對他的競選演説的反應。
e.g. After five minutes like this, Mary could hold out no longer, and decided to put out a feeler.
大約五分鐘過去了,Mary 再也捱不下,決定先説幾句試探的話。