迷你對話學地道口語第2070期:絲毫不差地
情景對話:
A: David is very careful about his money.
戴維花錢很仔細。
B: He can make use of his money.
一分錢也不會亂花。
A: When you go out with him, you cannot hear him.
和他一塊出去,你會受不了的。
B: Why?
為什麼?
A: When he's spending the money, he calculates it to a hair.
他花錢的時候要數得分毫不差。
B : This is also the way his dad does.
和他爸爸一個樣。
A: That's amazing.
真是不可思議。
一, 詞海拾貝
to a hair:絲毫不差地,精確地,完全地
e.g. The writer has hit off the character of a miser to a hair.
這位作家把守財奴的性格描繪得惟妙惟肖。
e.g. The vocation will fit you to a hair.
這個職業對你完全適合。
e.g. I don't know his age but I think I could guess it to a hair.
我不知道他的年齡,但我想可以完全猜得出來。
二, 語彙積累
1. make use of:利用,使用
e.g. They pretended they could not make any proposal because it might be made use of against them.
他們託詞説他們沒有什麼主意,因為他們怕我也許會利用他們所出的主意來加害於他們。
e.g. It is not just because the stars look good. I think it is mainly because the business enterprises have made use of the consumers' psychology which is trustworthy of the stars.
不僅僅是因為明星長得好看,我覺得主要是商家利用了普通消費者信賴明星的心理。
2. be careful about:小心注意……,對……認真,對……一點也不馬虎
e.g. You must be careful about what you say or do.
你一言一行都必須謹慎小心。
e.g. Be careful ( about / of ) what you say to him.
對他説話可得小心。
e.g. He flipped his sleeves up under his coat, said, "Yeah, Gatsby's very careful about women.” (蓋茨比)
他把襯衣袖口縮回到上衣下面去,説道:“不錯,蓋茨比在女人方面非常規矩。”
e.g. You ought to be more careful about who you've been knocking about with.
你應當注意自己同哪些人交往。
e.g. Be very careful about any offers that involve your coming to a meeting or having someone visit your house.
如有人以贈送禮物為由要求你前去赴會或提出登門拜訪時就應高度警惕。
三, 短句口譯
1. 中:他花錢很仔細。
英:He is careful about money.
2. 中:表示某人做事和另外一個人一樣。
英:This is also the way someone does.