當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第408期:別拐彎抹角了

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第408期:別拐彎抹角了

推薦人: 來源: 閲讀: 2.67W 次

Stop beating around the bush.
別拐彎抹角了。


1 beat around the bush 拐彎抹角;旁敲側擊
Don't beat around the me exactly what Jack said.
別拐彎抹角了。實話告訴我傑克説了什麼。
Don't beat around the bush,come straight to the point.
別拐彎抹角了,直截了當的説吧。
There's no need to beat around the bush,just tell me what the problem is.
沒必要拐彎抹角,直接告訴我問題所在。

2 stop doing..停止正在做的事情
Stop talking.
停止説話
stop to talk
停下來去説話

A:Honey,I think you should quit smoking.
親愛的,我覺得你要戒煙了。
B:Why?You said I was hot when smoking.
為什麼?你以前不是説我抽煙的時候很性感嗎?
A:But I want you to be fit.
但是我更喜歡你健健康康的。
B:Smoking is killing.I know.
吸煙有害,我知道。
A:Check out this article. It says smoking can lead to lung cancer.
看看這篇文章,上面説吸煙會導致肺癌。
B:I don't believe it.
我才不相信呢。
A:But you know that smoking does harm to health,right?
但是你知道吸煙有害健康對吧?
B:Of course I know it,but you know it's hard to quit smoking.
我當然知道吸煙有害健康,可是戒煙很難啊。
A:Stop beating around the you quit or not?
別拐彎抹角了。你到底戒不戒煙?
B:Yes,ma'ever you say.
好吧,你説什麼就什麼吧。

padding-bottom: 166.67%;">跟艾米莉一起學口語 第408期:別拐彎抹角了