職場英文口語 第187期:解除混亂(2)
Everything OK Tom?
一切順利嗎,湯姆?Oh yeah, everything's cool.
一切順利。Actually Denise, it's not.
丹尼斯,其實不是這樣。
I think we're all going to be sacked tomorrow by Mr Socrates.
我認為我們明天都會被蘇格拉底先生解僱。What? ! No!
什麼?不!I've got a hairdresser's appointment on Saturday, how am I going to pay for it now?
我週六約了理髮師,我該怎麼付錢啊?What am I going to do?
我該怎麼辦?I know, I'll call Marge.
我知道了,我給瑪吉打電話。Hey Brian, Pete… we're all going to be sacked tomorrow.
布萊恩,皮特……我們明天都要被解僱了。Erm… Anna, you've got a problem ?
安娜,你馬上要有大問題了。什麼?Tom's spreading rumours about job cuts.
湯姆正在散佈裁員的謠言呢。Everyone's starting to panic.
大家都開始恐慌了。Oh no! I'd better do something but what shall I say?
不!我最好做點什麼,但我該説什麼呢?Call a meeting quickly.
馬上召開會議。Tell the team 'there are some rumours going around that are not true'.
告訴團隊説,現在散播的謠言是造謠。Say, 'I am trying to establish the facts and I will let you know as soon as I have some information'.
我正在證明事實,一旦有了消息我會馬上告訴你們。You could say 'I would be grateful if you hear any rumours, not to pass them on'.
你可以説“如果聽到任何謠言,不傳謠會讓我感到欣慰。”This can be a tricky situation and you need to handle it well.
這會是一個棘手的情況,你要小心處理。Good luck!
好運!Gosh. This is hard but here goes.
天啊,這太難了,但是必須要做。