迷你對話學地道口語第1340期:對一見鍾情
第一,迷你對話
A: What are you worrying about?
你們在擔心什麼呢?
B: My daughter took a shine to a guy called Jack.
我女兒對一個叫做Jack的小夥子一見鍾情。
A: Why? That is a good thing. After all, she has grown up. Is she twenty-five years old?
為何擔心啊,這是好事情啊。畢竟,她已經長大成人。她25歲了吧?
B: Yeah. But we don't know him very well.
是的,但是我們不是很瞭解他。
A: Then you should ask your daughter to be careful.
那麼你告訴你女兒當心點。
第二,地道表達
take a shine to
解詞釋義
Shine是名詞,本意為“光亮”,引申為“突然發生的事情”。那麼,take a shine to somebody的意思即為:突然間喜歡上某人,對某人一見鍾情。
拓展範例
E.g. The boss took a shine to the new secretary.
老闆一下子就對新祕書產生好感。
E.g. Oscar had never particularly liked children, but he took a shine to his little nephew the first time he saw him.
奧斯卡從來就不大喜歡小孩,但他第一次看到他的小侄兒卻喜歡起他來。
E.g. He took a shine to his new teacher the very first day.
他頭一天就喜歡他的新老師。
第三,好詞妙語
worry about:擔心......,擔憂......
E.g. Don't worry about him; he is a cheerful and elastic man.
別為他擔心;他是個快活開朗的人。
E.g. Let them worry about how to get rid of the cars later.
讓他們在日後為處理車子而發愁吧。
after all:畢竟
E.g. After all, France-Soir is known for aggressive reporting.
畢竟,《法蘭西晚報》以報道聳人聽聞的訊息著稱。
E.g. After all, compared to your organization, we are the new boys.
畢竟,同你們機構相比,我們畢竟是新手。
grow up:長大
E.g. Children must be educated to serve their country when they grow up.
必須教育孩子長大後為國家服務。
E.g. I like to muse about what I will do when I grow up.
我喜歡仔細思考長大後做什麼。
know sb. Very well:非常瞭解某人
E.g. I don't know her very well. We have only a nodding acquaintance.
我對她不很瞭解,我們只是點頭之交。
E.g. If you don't know her very well, you'll have to hurry up and get to know her.
要是你向來和徐曼麗不很熟,就請你趕快做熟她。