秒殺情景英語對話之日常生活 第50期:新生兒派對
Showers Dialogue
5.新生兒派對 對話Steven and Julia will have their first baby soon, so Steven invites his friend Tom to come to their baby shower.
史蒂文和茱莉婭的第一個孩子很快就出生了,所以史蒂文邀請他的朋友湯姆來參加他們的新生兒派對。Steven: Hello, Tom, are you free next Sunday?
史蒂文:你好,湯姆,下星期天你有空嗎?
Tom: I think so. Why did you ask that?
湯姆:應該有,你為什麼這樣問?Steven: I'm going to have my first baby, so I plan to hold a baby shower next Sunday.
史蒂文:我的第一個孩子就要出生了,所以我打算在下個星期天舉辦一個新生兒派對。Tom: Congratulations! Why do people hold parties before the baby is born?
湯姆:恭喜你呀!可為什麼人們要在嬰兒出生以前舉辦派對呢?Steven: It's the tradition. But baby showers as we know them today were not common until after World War Ⅱ.
史蒂文:這是傳統。不過我們今天所知的新生兒派對是第二次世界大戰之後才變得普遍起來的。Tom: In any case, I like baby showers, because they allow friends and family to share the joy and excitement of welcoming a new life into the world.
湯姆:無論如何,我喜歡新生兒派對,因為它們可以使家人和朋友分享迎接新生命的喜悅和激動。Steven: So you will come, won't you?
史蒂文:你會來的,對嗎?Tom: Of course. I will prepare a good gift for the new arrival.
湯姆:當然,我會給新生兒準備一份好禮。Steven: Thank you very much.
史蒂文:非常感謝!