當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第84期:Branch Out 擴大範圍

一分鐘英語 第84期:Branch Out 擴大範圍

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.19K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

We have already learned a few tree-related idioms such as "go out on a limb" and "barking up the wrong tree."

我們已經學到過一些跟樹有關的習語,比如“擔風險”、“攻擊錯了對象”。

Here is another one for you: Branch Out

今天還要學習另一個相關例子。Branch Out。

padding-bottom: 66.89%;">一分鐘英語 第84期:Branch Out 擴大範圍

Hey! Have you tried the new Thai Restaurant across the street? It's so good!

嘿!你去過對面那家新開的泰國菜餐廳了麼?味道好極了!

Oh, I did notice that today. But I've never tried Thai food before.

哦,我今天注意到了。但是我從來沒吃過泰國菜。

It would probably be too spicy for me.

可能對我來說太辣了。

What? You should branch out and give it a try sometime!

什麼?你有時應該擴大範圍,嘗試不同的東西。

I guess I should branch out a little more and try different food.

我想我也應該擴大選擇範圍,嘗試不同的食物。

A branch is part of a tree that grows from the trunk or even from another branch.

枝條是樹的一部分,從樹幹或其他枝幹生長而來。

To "branch out" means to try new things.

“長出枝條”意味着嘗試新事物。

Think of a tree growing a whole new limb.

試想一棵樹上新生出一條樹枝。

In Jonathan's case, he decides to branch out and try Thai food.

喬納森的例子裏,他決定第一次嘗試泰國菜。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》!