當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第61期:Over the Hill 走下坡路

一分鐘英語 第61期:Over the Hill 走下坡路

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.33W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Be careful when using this idiom: OVER THE HILL

使用這個俗語的時候要注意了:OVER THE HILL

My friend's 40th birthday is this weekend.

我有一個朋友本週末四十歲生日。

As a present, I think I'll get her a funny "Over the Hill" T-shirt I saw at the store this weekend.

作爲禮物,我打算送她一件印着 "Over the Hill" 的趣味T恤,週末逛街的時候看到了。

Are you serious?

你是認真的嗎?

I don't care how funny it is.

我沒覺得這有多好玩。

padding-bottom: 60.31%;">一分鐘英語 第61期:Over the Hill 走下坡路

Nobody wants to think of themselves as over the hill.

因爲沒有人希望自己在走下坡路。

You're right. I know.

是這樣的,我明白。

Instead, I'll get her a "Life Begins at 40th" coffee mug!

我不會這樣做,我打算送她其它的禮物,就是一個印有“生命始於四十”的咖啡杯。

Over the Hill means someone or something is old and does not have much value.

Over the Hill指的是,人變老或者東西變舊了,開始走下坡路,不再有價值。

The saying often is used jokingly for someone who is turning 40 years old, because they are at the middle of their life.

人們總是愛拿這句話開玩笑,尤其是在人們邁入40歲的時候,因爲他們已經進入中年時期。

It can be a rude thing to say to someone, even a friend!

對別人說這句話很不禮貌,就算是朋友也不該說!

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。