當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第21期:Under the Weather 有點不太舒服

一分鐘英語 第21期:Under the Weather 有點不太舒服

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.29K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute.

padding-bottom: 42.81%;">一分鐘英語 第21期:Under the Weather 有點不太舒服
歡迎收聽本期的《一分鐘英語》。

Sometimes American English doesn't seem to make sense, like this:"I am under the weather."

有時候美式英語有點讓人困惑,比如“I am under the weather(我身體不舒服/狀態不好)”。

Under the weather -- what could that mean?

“Under the weather(身體不舒服/狀態不好)”—這是什麼意思?

Are you okay?

你沒事吧?

Um, not really. I think I'm a little bit under the weather.

嗯,不太好。我想我有點不太舒服(under the weather)。

You should go home and get some rest.

你應該回家休息下。

Yeah, I think that's a good idea.

是的,我認爲這是個好主意。

If you stand "under the weather," you might have a dark storm cloud over your head, and you might not feel very well.

如果你站在“天氣下面”,在你的頭頂上可能會有一團烏雲,你可能不太舒服。

When you say you are "under the weather," it means you are sick or not feeling well.

當你說自己“under the weather(身體不舒服)”時,意思是你生病了不舒服。

This phrase comes from sailors at sea.

這個短語是來自水手的日常工作。

If a ship was in a bad weather and its sailors were sick, the crew would go below deck, to get out from "under the weather" to try to feel better.

如果一艘船遇到了壞天氣、又恰巧船上的水手生病了,船員會到甲板下面,避免直接“在天氣下面”(under the weather)。讓自己感覺好點。

And that's English in a Minute.

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。