當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第期:攤牌

迷你對話學地道口語第期:攤牌

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 6.02K 次

Dialogue:

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第期:攤牌

A: Tom came to my home and talked with me the whole night yesterday.

昨天湯姆到我家和我聊了整整一個晚上。

B: What were you talking about?

談了些什麼?

A: Everything under the sun, and he revealed his hand to ask me to help him in the exam at last.

無所不談,最後他終於表明他的目的,想讓我在考試中幫幫他。

B: Did you agree?

你答應了?

A: Of course not.

當然不會。

一, 詞海拾貝

reavel one’s hand

exp. To make one's plans, intentions, ideas, or resources known to others. (表明計劃,意圖,想法等,漏出底牌

e.g. You should not reveal your hand to a stranger .

對陌生人切忌坦腹相向。

e.g. The negotiations will not make progress as long as they refuse to reveal their hand.

他們要是不肯攤牌,談判就不會有進展。

e.g. He has been waiting for just such a crisis to reveal his hand.

他一直在等待這麼一個決定性時刻來闡明自己的意圖。

e.g. Don't reveal your hand too early or else he'll find out what we are really doing here.

別過早表明你的想法,否則他會覺察出我們來這兒做什麼事情。

二, 語彙積累

1. everything under the sun:天下萬物

e.g. He began to feel that it was impossible to make everything under the sun go just the way one wished. (子夜)

他稍稍感到天下事不能盡如人意了。

e.g. We used to gossip for hours about everything under the sun.

我們過去一聊便是數小時,天底下的事無所不談。

e.g. I feel like we've tried everything under the sun, but still our daughter refuses to be potty trained.

我覺得我們什麼都試過了,但我們的女兒還是拒絕上廁所的訓練。

e.g. We were only going to be camping for two nights, but she still insisted on bringing everything under the sun along with us.

我們只打算露營兩晚,但她還是堅持要把一切都帶上。

2. the whold night:整個晚上

e.g. The battery ran out of its power yesterday and I recharged it the whole night.

昨天電池沒電了,我充了一夜電。

e.g. Many times Ben sat up the whole night , reading and studying because he was so eager to learn.

Ben如飢似渴,經常徹夜苦讀。

它:talk about someone or something:談論某人或某物

talk with someone:和某人談話

in the exam:在考試的時候

at last :最後