當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第321期:試圖獨立生活

迷你對話學地道口語第321期:試圖獨立生活

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.7W 次

迷你對話

padding-bottom: 72.66%;">迷你對話學地道口語第321期:試圖獨立生活

A: I am tired of everything in my life

.我厭倦生活中的一切。

B: What? How happy you life is! I do envy you.

你說什麼?你生活多麼幸福呀。我還真的很妒忌你了。

A: You don’t know that I have been over-protected by my mother these years. I am really about to leave the family and spread my wings.

你不知道這些年來我一直受我母親的過度保護,我真想離開家,嘗試一下獨立生活。

B: Maybe you are right.

也許你是正確的。

對話精講

第一 地道短語

spread one’s wings

1. 解詞釋義

此語的字面意思是“展翅”,指“鳥試圖使用自己的翅膀勇猛飛行”,比喻爲“試圖獨立”。

2. 支持範例

We hope college life will help him to spread his wings a bit.

我們希望大學生活有助於他獨立生活。

Now that you' re growing up you must spread your wings.

你既然已經長大成人, 就得學會獨立生活。

He left his parents and spread his wings at sixteen.

他在十六歲時離開雙親獨立生活。

When I was eighteen, I thought that it was time to spread my wings.

我18歲時,我認爲是庭獨立生活的時候了。

第二 詞海拾貝

1 be tired of:厭倦,厭煩

The boys will get tired of Ann's blowing hot and cold.

男孩子們對於安的出爾反爾感到厭煩。

The girl went around telling lies. We are already tired of her.

那女孩到處說謊, 我們已經討厭她了。

“I'm tired of hearing your complaints, " he snapped at me.

他對我厲聲說:“你那些牢騷我都聽煩了。”

I am somewhat tired of this work.

我對這個工作有點厭倦了。

2 be about to:即刻,立即,馬上

The child's mouth twitched as if she were about to cry.

這小孩的嘴抽動着,像是要哭。

He is about to embark on a new business venture.

他就要開始新的商業冒險活動。

He called at an inopportune moment, when we were about to go out.

他來得真不是時候, 我們正準備外出。

I was about to go to bed when the telephone rang.

我正待睡覺,電話響了。