當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第553期:糟糕的一天

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第553期:糟糕的一天

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.7W 次

be fussy about
對...挑剔

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第553期:糟糕的一天

fussy
愛挑剔的;難以取悅的

My boss is fussy about our work.
我上司對我們的工作很挑剔。


A: Are you alright? You don't seem to be as cheerful as you normally are.
你還好吧,你看起來沒有平常那麼開心。
B: To be honest, I've just had a really bad day.
老實說,我今天過得真是糟糕透了。
A: What happened?
出什麼事了?
B: First, I slept through my alarm and ended up two hours late for work.
開始,我早上睡過頭了,結果上班遲到了兩個小時。
A: What did your boss say?
你上司怎麼說?
B: He told me that if I showed up late one more time, he'd fire me. He's so mean.
他跟我說,如果我在遲到一次就把我炒了,他實在是太不近人情了。
A: That's horrible. Was that the first time you'd shown up late to work?
真糟糕,就是你第一次上班遲到嗎?
B: That was my second time. The first time, I was in a car accident.
這是第二次,第一次是我出的車禍
A: Is your boss Chinese?
你的上司是中國人嗎?
B: No, he's from Australia. Before I met him, I thought Australians were supposed to be relaxed and easy-going. I had no idea he'd be so fussy about things.
不,他是澳大利亞人。和他共事以前,我一直認爲澳大利亞人都是性格隨和,很好相處的,我不知道爲什麼他待人這麼苛刻。
A: What are you going to do?
那接下來你打算怎麼辦?
B: I think I'm going to look for another job. I need to find a boss that is a bit more sensitive and optimistic than my current boss.
我想換份工作,找一個比現在這個上司更通情達理的。
A: That sounds like a sensible plan. Do you want me to help you with your job search?
這個想法挺明智的,需要我幫你找工作嗎?
B: That's very kind of you. Thanks for the offer.
你實在是太好了,謝謝你願意幫忙。
A: Don't mention it. That's what friends are for.
沒什麼,這纔是朋友嘛。