轉學:A Recommendation Letter 一封推薦信(1)
12. A Recommendation Letter (1)
12.一封推薦信(1)
A: Hey Professor Lopez, I need a favor.
A:嘿,洛佩茲教授,我需要您幫我一個忙。
B: What kind of favor?
B:什麼忙?
A: Can you write a recommendation letter for me?
A:您可以爲我寫一封推薦信嗎?
B: I'm sorry, but I can't.
B:很抱歉,但我不能。
A: Why not? I was a good student.
A:爲什麼不能?我是一個好學生。
B: Yes, you were. The thing is, I don't know you that well.
B:是的,你是。問題是,我不太瞭解你。
A: I'll just give you my resume, and you can write about how great I am!
A:我會給你我的簡歷,你可以寫我有多麼優秀!
B: I can't. I don't think I can write you a good letter.
B:我不能。我認爲我不能爲你寫。
A: But I don't know who else to ask.
A:但我不知道還能問誰。
B: Ask someone who knows you as more than just a student.
B:讓一位不是學生但很瞭解你的人寫。
A: I honestly never had a professor I felt close to.
A:我真的從來沒有一個我覺得特別親密的教授。
B: Then, you can only hope a professor writes a letter for you regardless of that fact.
B:那麼,你只能希望一個教授可以不顧事實的爲你寫推薦信了。
譯文屬僅供學習和交流使用,未經允許不得轉載