9個簡單句子,教你和老外聊"勤工儉學"(圖)
1. How do you manage to strike a balance between a part-time job and your study?
你是怎麼在兼職和學習之間找到平衡的?
strike a balance between意思就是“在……之間尋找平衡”,
例如:It's not that easy for a married woman to strike a balance between her career and family.已婚的女人很難做好工作和家庭之間的平衡。
另外,我們經常用的一個詞組是keep a balance between“在……之間保持平衡”。
2. I'm in favor of taking a part-time job.
我支持學生做兼職。
in favor of意思就是“支持”,
例如:Are you in favor of his opinion?
你會贊成他的意見嗎?
3. If the schedule permits, I will take the part-time job.
如果時間允許的話,我會接受這份兼職的。
it(s),意思是“如果……可以的話”,
例如:I'll come after the meeting if time permits.
如果時間許可的話,我開完會就來。
her to take a part-time job or not is a subject of constant debate at school.
學生是否可以做兼職是學校裏經常爭論的一個問題。
not意思是“是否……”,
例如:I'm uncertain whether to go or not.
我不能肯定去還是不去。
5. The job gives me a great opportunity to practice what I have learned at school.
這個工作給我提供了一個絕佳的機會,我可以把課堂上學到的知識付諸實踐。
opportunity後面經常接介詞to來表示“做……的機會”,
例如:We should seize the opportunity to counterattack.
現在,我們應乘機反攻。
6. The job gives me great opportunities to go beyond what I've been taught in class.
這個工作給我提供了機會,我可以把課堂上學到的只是發揮到極致。
go beyond 從字面我們就可以知道是“超過,勝過”的意思,
例如:The price went beyond their means.
這個價格超過了他們的財力。
7. The job cultivates my sense of competition.
這個工作能培養我的競爭意識。
cultivate 是“培養,耕作,栽培”的意思,
例如:We must cultivate our own garden and find the joy of doing it in our own heart.
我們都要做好自己工作,並且要在工作中找到精神上的樂趣。
sense of (doing) sth意思就是“做某事的意識”。
8. A part-time job takes a lot of time and energy.
兼職工作很費時間和精力。
take a lot of time and energy to do sth 意思就是“做某事要花很大的時間和精力”,
9. The experience I received with my part-time job will benefit my future job-hunting.
我獲得的工作經驗對我今後求職會有幫助。
job-hunting 是“求職,找工作”的意思,
例如: All under-graduates have to face the subject of job-hunting.
所有要畢業的人都面臨着找工作的問題。
(版權所有,轉載請註明出處)