當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語優美文章 > 美文賞析:謝謝你,自作主張的媽媽

美文賞析:謝謝你,自作主張的媽媽

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.27W 次

Everybody is searching for that right person.
每個人都在尋找自己的真命天子。

But many failed.
但很多人卻不能如願。

Sometimes we just fear to try.
有時候,我們只是太害怕去嘗試。

padding-bottom: 75.87%;">美文賞析:謝謝你,自作主張的媽媽

So we need a third person's kind interference.
而這種時候,就需要一個第三者的善意介入了。

And for me, that's from my mom.
對於我來講,這次介入來自我媽。

Having just cemented a new bridge, my dental-assistant mother said to her patient, “Your girlfriend’s going to love your new teeth.”
我那當牙醫的媽媽當時剛好給人不完了一顆牙,她對病人說:“你的女朋友會喜歡你的新牙齒的。”

He replied, “I’m between girlfriends right now.”
那位病人說:“我現在沒有女朋友了。”

She said, “Don’t go anywhere. I have two daughters, Kathy and Vicky. Let me get their pictures from my wallet.”
而我媽說:“那你別走。我有兩個女兒,凱西和維姬。你等等,我去錢包裏找她們的照片。”

Dan was still reclined in the dental chair with his bib onand wasn’t going anywhere.
單當時還躺在整牙的躺椅上,圍着塑膠圍嘴,哪也去不了。

Rushing back, she showed him her daughters’ photos, saying, “Here is our phone number. Give Kathy a call—she’s the older one.”
然後我媽急匆匆地回來了,把自己女兒的照片給他看,並且說:“這是我們的電話號碼。打個電話給凱西,她是比較大的那個。”

He called, and we’ve been happily married for 39 years.
而他真的打了,現在我們幸福的婚姻已經維持了39年了。

Thanks, Mom!
謝謝你,媽媽!