一分鐘英語 第63期:Pain in the Neck 討厭的事
Welcome to English in a Minute!
歡迎來到《英語一分鐘》欄目!This idiom sounds a little painful. PAIN IN THE NECK
這個習語聽起來跟疼痛有關。PAIN IN THE NECKWhat causes a pain in the neck?
什麼令脖子疼呢?
Hey, welcome back! How was your trip?
嗨!歡迎回家!這次旅途怎麼樣?It was l I missed my flight home.
非常棒……但是我誤了回家的航班。Missed your flight? How did you get back home?
誤了航班?那你是怎麼回家的?First, I took a 12-hour bus ride.
我先乘坐了12小時的公共汽車,Then, I took a train the rest of the way. It was a major pain in the neck.
之後換乘火車。這是旅途中最令人不爽的事情。Wow, and you came straight to work!
哇!那你就直接上班了!If something is a pain in the neck, it is generally something that is very annoying.
如果我們說一些事情讓人脖子疼,這些事情主要指的是令人厭惡的事情。You would rather not deal with whatever is causing you a pain in the neck.
你寧願不去處理這些事情,它們常常使你感到頭疼。For Anna, her return trip turned out to be a big pain in the neck. Literally!
對於Anna來說,她的返程成爲她最頭疼的一件事情。這一點也不誇張!And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。