當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 老外是如何說“慫”的!

老外是如何說“慫”的!

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.44W 次

“慫“這個字幾乎被國內外的朋友們玩壞了。在國內,人們通常用”慫“來形容那些軟弱無能的人。可是不知道哪個朋友竟然把它拆解爲“從心”(follow your heart),這樣錯誤的翻譯,真讓人哭笑不得。下面,英語君帶着大家看看老外是如何用英語表達“慫”的吧。

padding-bottom: 65.12%;">老外是如何說“慫”的!

(1)coward 懦夫

I was, to my shame, a coward.
我很慚愧,我是個懦夫。

He's a coward and a bully who confuses physical strength with manhood.
他是一個懦夫,一個分不清蠻力和大丈夫氣概的恃強凌弱者。

But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward.
但是同時我不得不承認我是一個天生的懦夫。

I would be a coward if I left now.
如果我現在離開,就成了一個懦夫。

(2)wimp 軟骨頭

But he looks like such a wimp: I'm afraid he doesn't have the guts to handle a realcrisis when it comes up.
可是,他看起來像個軟骨頭。 我擔心,在真正發生危機的時候,他可能不會有足夠的勇氣來處理問題。

I was a wimp.
我是個窩囊廢。

What a wimp that boy is!
那真是個沒有骨氣的男孩。

(3)weakling 沒用的人

Think that weakling is a worthy opponent?
你認爲那個懦夫配做我的對手嗎?

Next time I'll leave you in the trash, weakling!
下次我不幫你了,沒用的傢伙!

You are a miserable weakling.
你是一個可憐的弱者。


(4)wuss 膽小鬼

Are you being a wuss?
你想當膽小鬼?

I'll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss.
我告訴你們,是懦夫,是膽小鬼!

(5)craven 懦夫

No man wants to be thought a craven person.
沒有人希望被人認爲是個懦夫。

A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene.
英雄冒着生命危險去幫助別人;而懦夫卻臨陣脫逃。