當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第191期:孤獨無助

英語口語練習小對話 第191期:孤獨無助

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.1W 次

迷你對話:
A: I always feel I’m left high and dry with nobody to rely on.

padding-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第191期:孤獨無助

A: 我經常感覺到自己孤獨無助,沒有人可以信賴。

B: Don’t be fool. I’ll always side with you.

B: 別傻了,我會永遠支持你。

A: I appreciate your kindness.

A: 謝謝你的好意。

地道表達:

high and dry

解詞釋義:

high和dry詞義分別爲“高的”和“乾燥的”。該習語直接翻譯是“該東西高高掛起,就容易邊幹”,其寓意就像“曲高和寡”一樣,可以引申爲“孤獨無助”。通常它和leave連用,而且多用於被動語態中。

支持範例:

When the factory closed down, the workers were left high and dry.

工廠倒閉後,工人們的生活沒有着落。

He left her high and dry in a strange country without any money.

他把她遺棄在異國他鄉, 身無分文, 處於困境.

When you go away, I'll be left high and dry.

你一走,就剩下我孤單單的一個人了。

There I was, high and dry in a strange city with only five dollars in my pocket.

我被拋棄在一個陌生的城市裏,口袋裏只有5元美元。

The cruel man took all the money and left his own grandmother high and dry.

這個殘酷的人把所有的錢財都拿走了,撇下他自己的外祖母一人無依無靠。

詞海拾貝:

1. rely on:依靠,依賴

Eg. Don' t rely on him to do anything he' s just a big talker.

什麼事都不要依靠他--他光會說空話。

Eg. You can rely on me to keep your secret.

你儘管相信我一定爲你保密。

Eg. Don't rely on his memory: he's a bit of a dreamer.

要相信他的記憶力--他有點神不守舍的。
Eg. The question is whom we should rely on in the struggle.

問題是在這一斗爭中我們應當依靠誰。

2. side with:支持,擁護
Eg. I side with him on this question.

在這一問題上我同他站在一邊。

Eg. The children all side with the mother when she left her husband .

當她離開丈夫時,孩子們都向着其母親。

Eg. I side with you and wish to read an article of yours in our college journal.

我支持你,期望可以在校刊上看到你的大作。