迷你對話學地道口語第914期:滿面春風
第一, 迷你對話
A: You look like a million dollars in your new dress.
你穿這身衣服看上去特別迷人。
B: It’s very nice of you to say so. My mother chose it for me.
謝謝你的誇獎,我媽媽爲我挑選的。
A: Your mother really has an eye for clothes.
你媽媽對衣服很有眼光。
B: You are right.
你說得對。
第二, 地道表達
look like a million dollars
1. 解詞釋義
Feel/look like a million dollars 是美國俚語,意思是“感覺或看上去十分健康或精力充沛”“十分氣派或滿面春風”或者指“婦女看上去迷人”。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. I feel like a million bucks after winning that baseball game.
贏了那場棒球賽後,我覺得好爽。
e.g. She was wearing a new fur coat and felt like a million dollars.
她穿着一件新裘皮大衣,覺得自己非常漂亮。
e.g. Some people get tired after a long-day's work, but I feel like a million bucks.
有些人走了一整天之後會很累,而我卻感覺非常棒。
e.g. I'm on holiday. It's a beautiful morning and I feel like a million dollars.
我在度假,這是一個美麗的早晨,我感到非常愉快。
第三, 咬文嚼字
have an eye for something:對……有眼光,對……有品味,對……有鑑賞力
e.g. She had an eye for the beauty of nature.
她有鑑賞自然美的眼力。
e.g. Paul had an eye for paintings.
保羅對畫有鑑賞力。