當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 哈佛中國留學生情景對話:中國留學生社團

哈佛中國留學生情景對話:中國留學生社團

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.01W 次

哈佛大學,簡稱哈佛。坐落於美國馬薩諸塞州劍橋市,是一所享譽世界的私立研究型大學,是著名的常春藤盟校成員,被公認爲是當今世界最頂尖的高等教育機構之一。下面本站小編爲大家帶來關於哈佛中國留學生情景對話,歡迎大家學習!

哈佛中國留學生情景對話:中國留學生社團

 哈佛中國留學生情景對話:中國留學生社團

John is walking home when he runs into a friend called Li Lei. Li Lei is a Harvard undergraduate student from China.

L: Hi, John.

L:你好,約翰。

J: Hey, Li, haven’t seen you for a while. How are you doing these days?

J:你好,李,有一段時間沒看到你了,最近怎麼樣?

L: I’m good. What’s new with you?

L:我很好,你呢?有什麼新鮮事嗎?

J: Nothing much. Oh, I made a new friend. Guess what? She,s from China too.

J:設什麼。對了,我交了一個新朋友,猜猜看?她也是來自中國。

L: Really? Is she a Harvard student too?

L:真的?她也是哈佛的學生嗎?

J: She,s my classmate. Look, here she comes.

J:她是我的同班同學。看,她來了。

(Han Meimei comes over.)

(韓梅梅走過來了)

L: Is this your new friend, John? Hi, Han Meimei, long time no see.

L:約翰,這就是你的新朋友嗎?你好,韓梅梅,好久不見了!

H: Oh,my god! Li Lei, what a coincidence to meet you here. How is everything going?

H:哦,天哪,李雷!在這兒遇到你真是太巧含啦,一切都好嗎?

L: Fine! You look great too.

L:很好,你看起來不錯!

H: Yes, but I’m still getting used to my new Life here.

H:嗯,不過我正在慢慢適應在這的新生活。

J; You knew each other?

J:你們認識?

H: Yes, wfe were neighborhood, but I didn’t see him often after he came to America,

H:是的,我們是鄰居,但自從他去美國後我就沒有看到他了。

J: That’s great! I believe you two have a lot to talk about. I might as well go first. See you.

J:太棒啦!我想你們一定有很多事要聊,我還 是先走吧,再見!

H ; See you tomorrow.

H:明天見!

L: See you around.

L:再見!

H: How is life at Harvard?

H:在哈佛過得怎麼樣?

L: Not bad. But at first it’s hard for me to adjust to it.

L:還行,只是剛開始時對我來說有點難適應。

H: That’s must hard for you.

H:那對你來說一定很難。

L: Fortunately, I got a lot of help from the Chinese students' association at Harvard.

L:幸好,在哈佛的中國學生社團綰予了我很多幫助。

H: Sounds like a fellow townsmen,club back in China.

H:聽起來就像是在中國的同鄉俱樂部。

L: In America, all Chinese are fellow “townsmen”.

L:在美國,所有的中國人都是老鄉。

H: Can I join it if I go to Harvard in the future?

H:如果我將來進哈佛了也能加入嗎?

L: You’ll be welcome because you can give us a big hand once you join us.

L:你會受到歡迎的,因爲一旦價、加入會給我們帶來很大幫肋。

H: What’s the association’s name exactly? I’d like to look it up from the internet.

H:社團確切的名字是什麼?我想在網上査找一下。

L: Harvard-Radcliffe Chinese Students Association.

L:哈佛大學中華學會。

H: How does it help Chinese students?

H:它是如何幫助中國學生的呢?

L: The biggest help offered by it is to make us feel at home, I would say. It hosts nearly 80 events each year, celebrating our traditional festivals, and keeping us aware of Chinese culture.

L:它最大的幫助是讓我們感覺在家裏一樣。總之,它每年約舉辦80次活動,慶祝 我們的傳統節日,讓我們保持對中國文化的認識。

H: It ought to be that way. It'll be very embarrassing if foreigners ask something about Chinese culture that we should not know at all.

H:它就應該那樣做!如果外國人問我們一些關於中國的文化知識我們卻什麼都不知 道,那樣會很尷尬的。

L: That’s why we founded such an association at Harvard College. Actually there’s another Chinese association at Harvard, but it’s for graduate Chinese students.

那就是爲什麼我們在哈佛大學成立這樣一個社團了。事實上,哈佛還有另外一個 中國社團,不過它是專爲研究生和已經畢業的中國學生設立的。

H: What’s that?

是什麼?

L: It’s called Harvard Chinese Students and Scholars Association. Personally speaking, this one is more important.

它叫做"中國學生和學者聯含會”。就個人而言,它更重要。

H: I don’t understand.

我不明白。

L: You know, a lot of Chinese graduate students spend their undergrad years in China, so their thinking model is almost fixed.

你知道,很多中囷學生沒畢業之前大都在中國,他們的思考模式已經固定了。

H: It must be even harder for them to adjust to American culture and society,

對他們來說,適應美國的文化和社會必定更難。

L: Few of them can completely overcome the language and cultural barrier, though they generally have no difficulty in scientific communication.

他們很少能完全克服語言和文化的障礙,雖然他們一般在技術性的溝通上設有困難。

H: So they are in need of help. HCSSA can safeguard their rights and interests while promoting Chinese culture. Am I right?

所以他們需要幫肋,HCSSA在宣揚中國文化時能夠保障他們的權利和利益。我說 的對嗎?

L: Completely! You have the awareness we need. You must come to join our association when you're admitted by Harvard.

非常正確!你有我們所需要的意識。如果你被哈佛錄取了一定要來參加我們的社 團啊。

H: I’m flattered, but I’m glad I’ll be helpful.

過獎了,但很高興會有所幫肋。