美語情景對話 第57期:加拿大 Canada
Todd: OK. Hello!
你好!Jamie: Hi!
你好!Todd: Hi! Can you introduce yourself please?
你能介紹一下自己嗎?
Jamie: My name is Jamie. I'm living here in Japan, and I'm from Canada.
我的名字叫傑米。我現在住在日本,我來自加拿大。Todd: OK. Where are you from in Canada?
你來自加拿大的哪裏?Jamie: Vancouver, Canada, British Columbia.
我來自加拿大不列顛哥倫比亞省的溫哥華。Todd: Oh, nice. Were you born there?
真棒。你出生在那裏嗎?Jamie: I was born in British Columbia, in Victoria.
我出生在不列顛哥倫比亞省的維多利亞。Todd: OK.
好的。Jamie: But I spent my adult working life in Vancouver and Japan.
但我成年後一直在溫哥華和日本工作生活。Todd: OK. How long have you been in Japan?
你在日本待了多久了?Jamie: Let's see, four years right now, and a grand total of six years.
我想想,這次待了4年了,總共有六年了。Todd: Wow. How much longer do you plan to stay in Japan?
你打算在日本待多久?Jamie: That's a good question. I ask myself that on a daily basis.
問得好。這也是我每天都要問自己的問題。Todd: Yeah. Yeah. Me, too. OK. So we'll go ahead and pass on that one.... What do you think about Cananda?
我也是。那我們繼續下面的,忽略這個問題。你覺得加拿大怎麼樣?Jamie: Canada is a great place. It's know being Canadian of course. I'm pretty, fairly nationalistic about it, but it's not a perfect place, obviously. A lot of high taxes. Not always the job that you want is available but ultimately it's , you know, it's a pretty good place.
加拿大是個很棒的地方。在加拿大生活很棒,對於這點我是個堅定的民族主義者。但加拿大也不是那麼完美,那裏稅收很高。就業機會有限,你很可能做不了自己想做的工作,但加拿大還是個不錯的地方。Todd: OK. So when you get gray and old, is Canada the place you'll settle down in?
那麼等你老了,你會選擇加拿大養老嗎?Jamie: Settle down, that's kind of a hard call as well, but I certainly think of Canada as being a place I'd like to, I'd like to take it easy on a regular basis.
穩定下來對我來說還很困難,但加拿大絕對是我喜歡的地方之一。我想輕鬆一些看待這個問題,但我會定期去加拿大。Todd: OK. Great. Thanks a lot Jamie.
很棒。十分感謝你,傑米。Jamie: OK. My Pleasure.
我的榮幸。注:譯文屬原創,未經允許,請勿轉載。