當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 商務英語 > BEC商務英語情景對話 文化差異

BEC商務英語情景對話 文化差異

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.02W 次

下面是本站小編整理的BEC商務英語情景對話-文化差異, 希望對大家有幫助。

padding-bottom: 86.09%;">BEC商務英語情景對話-文化差異

Michael: Billy! I think there is an inferno in the company kitchen.

邁克爾:比利!我覺得公司的廚房着火了。

Billy: Really! Why do you think so?

比利:真的嗎!你爲什麼會這麼想?

Michael: There is a terrible smell coming from there.

邁克爾:有一股難聞的氣味從那兒飄出來。

Billy: Can you describe it for me?

比利:能給我形容一下嗎?

Michael: Billy, it is a very strong smell that made my eyes water when I walked past.

邁克爾:比利,那是一種很強烈的氣味,從那路過的時候我的眼睛都出眼淚了。

Billy: You are such a dill Michael. Maybe someone is re-heating their lunch.

比利:你真是個傻瓜邁克爾。也許是有人在加熱他們的午餐。

Michael: This cannot be someone’s lunch! No one could eat something that smelled that bad.

邁克爾:不可能是某個人的午餐!沒有人會吃味道那麼糟糕的東西。

Billy: You know that we have people from many different countries work.ng in the office and their cuisine is very different from ours.

比利:你要知道在我們辦公室裏工作的人來自不同的國家,他們的飲食跟我們是完全不同的。

Michael: But they are in our country now! They should act like we do!

邁克爾:可他們現在在我們的國家!他們做事的方式應該跟我們一樣!

Billy: You cannot say that! What you just said is very insulting and ignorant. You need a lesson in Cultural Diversity at work.

比利:你不可以這麼說!你剛纔說的話很無禮也很無知。你需要了解一下公司中的文化差異。

Ⅱ.單詞簡析

1) Inferno: a very large fire

很大的火

ex:Whenever we have a barbeque, my father builds an inferno that cooks meat in about two seconds!

每次我們吃烤肉的時候我爸爸都把火燒得很旺,這樣肉很快就烤熟了!

2) Dill: idiot, stupid person

傻瓜,愚蠢的人

ex:When I was learning to drive a car, my teacher called me a dill about 50 times each lesson.

我學開車的時候,我的教練每一次課要叫我五十次傻瓜。

3) Cuisine: a French word for food that is now commonly used in English

法語詞,指食物,菜餚,現在已廣泛應用於英語中

ex:I love living in the city because you have so many different types of cuisine to choose from!

我喜歡住在城市裏是因爲你有很多不同種類的菜餚可以選擇!

4) Ignorant: someone showing a lack of knowledge or intelligence

無知:缺乏知識或智慧的人

ex:Some people say that ignorance is bliss, but I would rather have all of the facts.

有人說無知是福氣,可我寧願知道所有的事實。