當前位置

首頁 > 英語詞彙 > 常用英語單詞 > 關於all的短語和表達

關於all的短語和表達

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.99W 次

下面是關於詞語all的英語習語和表達。每個習語或表達後面都有定義解釋,以及兩個例子來幫助你理解這些關於work的常見習語表達。

關於all的短語和表達

-nighter


Definition: do something (for instance a study session) that lasts all night

整晚的時間都用來做某事(例如學習)


We pulled an all-nighter to get ready for the exam.

我們爲了準備考試而通宵複習。


The graduation party was an all-nighter.

畢業聚會持續了一整晚。


I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull an all-nighter to get the report ready for tomorrow.

我恐怕得花一整晚的時間來準備明天的報告了。


over something


Definition: very fond of something

喜歡做某事


He's all over the latest fashions.

他對最新的時裝非常感興趣。


Peter's all over antique furniture.

皮特非常喜歡古典傢俱。


I'm all over that author's works.

我非常喜歡這位作家的作品。


right (!)


Definition: Yes, okay, fine

是,好,好的。


That's all right by me!

我沒問題!


All right! I got an A+ on my term paper.

太好了!我的期末報告得了一個A。


I think he's all right with the changes we foresee.

我認爲他能夠應付我們預見的這些變化。


shook up


Definition: extremely excited, worried, or disturbed about something

因爲某事而感到極度興奮、焦急或不安


He's all shook up about his mother's illness.

他非常擔心母親的病。


Wow! I'm all shook up about Alice.

哇!愛麗絲真是太讓我激動了!


I don't want you to get all shook up over the news.

我不想你因爲這個消息而不安。


that and then some


Definition: even more than what has been mentioned

甚至還不止於此


He did all that and then some to get the new job.

爲了得到這份新工作,他付出了很多。


Yes, that's right. All that and then some!

沒錯,就是這樣。遠不止於此。


I think he'll do all that and then some in order to get the company back on its feet.

爲了重整公司,我認爲他付出的遠不止於此。


the way (with go)


Definition: do something completely

徹底完成某事


He's going all the way for the scholarship.

他從頭到尾就是爲了獎學金。


We went all the way to California on our vacation.

我們假期去了加利福利亞。


I think you can go all the way to finals in this competition.

我覺得你可以進入比賽的總決賽


it all!


Definition: expression used when very upset

心情糟糕時使用的表達


Dash it all! I didn't do very well.

真糟糕!我沒做好!


Dash it all! She can't come this weekend.

真糟糕!這週末她來不了。


I'm afraid the position didn't work out. Dash it all!

我恐怕要飯碗不保了。真糟糕!


all I know


Definition: based on what I know (usually expressing displeasure)

就我所知(常用來表達不滿)


For all I know, he'll come and win the prize.

就我所知,他會來贏得這個獎項的。


They've decided to hire Jack for all I know.

據我所知,他們決定解僱傑克。


For all he knows, she wants to get married.

據他所知,她想結婚了。


for all


Definition: crazy, non-restricted activity (generally a fight)

狂熱的,不受限制的活動(一般爲鬥毆)


It was a free for all! Everyone went crazy!

太混亂了!每個人都瘋了!


They stepped in to break up the free for all.

他們一進來就瘋了般地打碎東西。


Black Friday is generally a free for all that I try to avoid.

黑色星期五太瘋狂了,我唯恐避之不及。


it all together


Definition: be very poised, successful

非常鎮定的,成功的


He has it all together. The house, the wife, the kids, the great job - everything!

他是個人生贏家。房子、老婆、孩子、好工作——他全都有了!


I was very impressed with the candidate. She seemed to have it all together.

我對那個候選人印象很深。她似乎是一個非常成功的人。


I hope the new recruit has it all together. We need a team player.

我希望新來的是一個優秀的人。我們需要是團隊成員。


all the aces


Definition: have all the advantages

佔優勢地位


Unfortunately, Tom holds all the aces right now. You'll have to do what he says.

不幸的是,現在佔上風的是湯姆。你不得不按他說的做。


I'm holding all the aces so I can do whatever I want.

我現在要風得風,想做什麼就做什麼。


I'm afraid this is a situation in which you don't hold all the aces.

恐怕你現在處於劣勢地位。


all the angles


Definition: be very clever about something

對某事非常瞭解


Jack knows all the angles. Be careful!

傑克非常懂行。小心點!


The salesman knew all the angles, and by the end of our talk I had bought a new computer!

售貨員是個懂行的人。聊到最後,我買了一臺新電腦。


If you need some help with math talk to Peter. He knows all the angles.

如果你數學有問題可以讓皮特幫忙。他數學很強。


it all


Definition: someone who seems to know everything and lets everybody know that he / she knows everything, used in a negative sense

某人似乎想讓別人知道自己無所不知,常用於否定意義。


I know you think you are a know it all, but you don't know everything.

我知道,你覺得自己無所不知,但你其實什麼都不知道。


I hate Tom. He's such a know it all in class.

我討厭湯姆。他在班上自以爲什麼都知道似的。


Don't think you know it all.

不要以爲你是無所不知的。


all there


Definition: not intelligent, not completely focused on an activity

不聰明,活動中注意力不太集中


I'm afraid Peter is not all there. He needs some help badly.

我恐怕皮特有點神志不清。他非常需要一些幫助。


Unfortunately, I was not all there and lost the final match.

不幸的是,我心不在焉,導致決賽失利。


Be quiet. The boss is not all there today. Give him plenty of room.

安靜點。老闆今天狀態不太好。給他足夠的空間吧。


all the nerve!


Definition: expression of anger at someone's behavior

表達對某人的行爲非常憤怒


Of all the nerve! Did you see how that woman treated me?

氣死我了!你看到那個女人是怎麼對我的嗎?


Of all the nerve! She took my seat!

氣死我了!她佔了我的座位!


You didn't buy him a present?! Of all the nerve! That guy has always treated you well.

你沒給他買禮物?!氣死我了!他一直對你那麼好。


and for all


Definition: finally (usually putting an end to something)

最後(常用於結束某事)


I'm going to stop his behavior once and for all!

我要徹底終止他的行爲!


Let's get this over once and for all.

徹底結束


I'd like to review the grammar one more time. Hopefully, this will make it clear once and for all.

我想在複習一次語法。希望能徹底弄明白。


out all the stops


Definition: make every possible effort to do something

全力以赴做某事


He pulled out all the stops on the exam.

他全力以赴準備考試。


We're going to pull out all the stops on our presentation.

我們盡一切努力準備陳述。


I'd like to throw a huge party that pulls out all the stops.

我全力以赴準備一個盛大的派對。


can't win them all.


Definition: expression of acceptance after a loss or disappointment

表示在沮喪和失望後接受事實


Well, you can't win them all. Let's go home.

好吧,你不可能總是成功的。回家吧。


You did your best. You can't win them all.

你已經盡力了。一個人不可能事事成功的。


I tried to get the job, but I didn't. You can't win them all.

我試圖得到那份工作,但失敗了。一個人不可能事事成功的。


聲明:本雙語文章的中文翻譯系原創內容,轉載請註明出處。中文翻譯僅代表譯者個人觀點,僅供參考。如有不妥之處,歡迎指正。