當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語學習方法 > 關於中文在行的英語

關於中文在行的英語

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.69W 次

英語中有很多有意思的說法,讓人感覺字面上"明明"就是這個意思,但實際上卻另有所指。下面是小編給大家帶來的關於中文在行的英語,歡迎大家閱讀參考,我們一起來看看吧!

關於中文在行的英語

原文:He really knows a thing or two about such matters.

原譯:這類事,他確實略知一二。

辨析:Know a thing or two 和漢語的"略知一二"表面上何其相似!實際上卻是一對"假朋友"。"略知一二"的意思是隻知道一點兒,常用於表示自謙,比如有人說:"此時在下也略知一二。"其實說話人知道的不少。可是英語的know a thing or two 是一個習慣說法,其含義爲"知道很多";"見多識廣";"有判斷力";"熟悉業務";"精明能幹"等,相當於know one's business or opinions ; know the ropes ; know what's what 。如:His mother is a woman who knows a thing or two . (他母親是個明白事理的人。)

原譯沒有表達出原句的確切意思,是因爲漢語說他人"略知一二"並沒有什麼謙虛的含義,而是帶有一定的貶義,說那個人知道得不多,甚至只是一知半解。其實,從really一詞我們可以看出,原句裏的know a thing or two帶有褒義。所以全句應該譯爲:這類事他確實很熟悉/瞭如指掌。"略知一二"的英語是know something (about)或not know much,而"只知道一點兒","一知半解"的英語是have only a smattering knowledge (of ….) ; have only some superficial1 knowledge (of….) ; have a rough idea (about….) ; know some half truth (about…) 。這些都含有貶義。

英語中還有一個說法:know how many beans make five , 其字面意思是"知道多少/幾個豆子是五個",這好像是"連小孩都知道的簡單知識",其確切含義卻是"精明;在行",也是一個褒義的說法。

說一個人一竅不通,應是not know the first thing about …, 如:I don't know the first thing about gardening . (對不起,我對園藝一竅不通。)

此外英語中有一個很有意思的說法:He know which side his bread is buttered. 你能猜出其含義嗎?其意思是說:他知道自己的利益所在,善於爲自己打算

  擴展:國際交際禮節英語詞彙

久仰! I've heard so much about you.  好久不見了! Long time no see.

辛苦了! You've had a long 've had a long flight.

尊敬的朋友們! Distinguished/Honorable/Respected friends

閣下(多用於稱呼大使) Your Excellency

我代表北京市政府歡迎各位朋友訪問北京。 On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, I wish to extend our warm welcome to the friends who have come to visit Beijing.

對您的大力協助,我謹代表北京市政府表示衷心的感謝。 On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, i wish to express our heartfelt thanks to you for your gracious assistance.

在北京過得怎麼樣? How are you making out in Beijing?

我一定向他轉達您的問候和邀請。 I'll surely remember you and your invitation to him.

歡迎美商來北京投資。 American businessmen are welcome to make investment in Beijing.

歡迎多提寶貴意見。 Your valuable advice is most welcome.

不虛此行! It's a rewarding trip!

您的日程很緊,我們的會見是否就到此爲止。 As you have a tight schedule, I will not take up more of your time.

請代我問候王先生。 Please remember me to .

感謝光臨! Thank you so much for coming.

歡迎再來! Hope you'll come again.

歡迎以後多來北京! Hope you'll visit Beijing more often.

請留步,不用送了! I will see myself out, please.

多保重! Take care!

祝您一路平安! Have a nice trip!

願爲您效勞! At your service!

爲…舉行宴會/宴請 Host a dinner/banquet/Luncheon1 in honor of …

歡迎宴會 Welcome dinner

便宴 Informal dinner

午宴(附有情況介紹或專題演講等內容) Luncheon

便餐 Light meal

工作午餐 Working luncheon

自助餐 Buffet2 dinner/luncheon

答謝宴會 Return dinner

告別宴會 Farewell dinner

慶功宴 Glee feast

招待會 Reception

慶祝中華人民共和國成立四十五週年招待會 Reception Celebrating the 45th Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Republic of China

雞尾酒會 Cocktail3 party

茶話會 Tea party

包餐/點餐 Table d'hote/a la carte

上菜 Serve a courst

您的位置在這裏。 Here is your seat.

請入席! Please have a seat.

歡聚一堂 Enjoy this happy get-together4

請隨便! Please yourself at home./Please enjoy yourself.

請各位隨意用餐。 Help yourself please.

您喝點什麼? What would you like to drink?

現在我提議,爲了…和…之間的合作,爲了…參議員的健康,乾杯! At this point, I propose a toast: to the cooperation between … And … , to the health of Senator…, cheers!

最後,我借主人的酒,提議爲…乾杯! Lastly, taking up this glass of fine wine, I propose a toast to …

請各位舉杯並同我一起爲所有在座的朋友們的健康乾杯! I'd ask you to raise your glass and join me in a toast ot the health of all our friends present here.

敬您一杯! Here's to you!

祝你健康! To your health!

我要爲此乾杯! I'll drink to that!

隨量! Whatever you like!

我失陪一會兒! Excuse me for a minute.

菜不好,請多多包涵! Hope you enjoy yourself.

女士們先生們,歡迎各位光臨,演出很快就要開始了,請儘快就坐。 Ladies and gentlemen, good evening. The concert/show would start soon. Please get yourself seated. Thank you.

招待會現在開始。 The reception will now begin.

全體起立,奏國歌! All rise please. For the onal Anthem1!

出席今天招待會的貴賓有… The distinguished2 guests paarticipating the reception are …

現在請…講話 I have the honour to call upon …

開幕式現在結束。 This concludes the opening ceremony.

隆重慶祝 Grand celebration

慶祝成立…一週年 Celebrating the 1st Anniversary of the Establishment of …

熱烈祝賀第一屆…錦標賽 Hail the first FIFA of …

值此節日之際致以節日的祝賀! On the occasion of the season, I would like to extend season's greetings.

祝您工作順利、事業成功、身體健康、家庭幸福! Wish you the very best of luck in your job, every successin your future endeavours, good health and a happy family!

衷心祝賀您當選… Hearty3 congratulations on your recent ecletion as …

舉行會議/研討會/大會/座談會/學術報告會 Hold a meeting/seminar/conference/forum/symposium

贊助人/主辦人/承辦人/協辦人 Patron/sponsor/organizer/co-organizer

舉行談判 Enter into negotiation4

交涉 Make representations with sb. On sth./deal with sb.

事物性會談 Talks at working level

對口會談 Counterpart talks

議程項目 Items on the agenda

主題 Theme

議題 Topic for discussion

雙方商定的議程 Schedule mutually agreed upon

開幕會議 Opening session

全體會議 Plenary session

開場白 Introduction

情況介紹 Presentation

小組討論 Panel discussion

同有關單位磋商 Hold consultations5 with the organizations concerned

一輪會談 One round of talks

決議 Resolution

諒解備忘錄 Memorandum6 of understanding

現在開會。 I declare the meeting open.

請…發言。 I invite the representative of …To take the floor.

下面我給各位簡要介紹一下北京的經濟情況 Now I would like to give you a brief overview7 of Beijing's economy.

我的介紹完了,謝謝! That's all for my k you.

我先說這麼多。 So much for my remarks for now.

我要說的就是這些。 That's all for what I want to say.

您看是先談原則問題呢,還是先談具體問題? I wonder if you would like to start with matters of principle or specific issues?