當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:爸爸給了我一千美元

雙語美文:爸爸給了我一千美元

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.12W 次

Growing up

padding-bottom: 180.28%;">雙語美文:爸爸給了我一千美元

在我長大的過程中


I’ve always been very independent.

我一直表現得十分獨立


I’ve never asked for my parents for money or help,

我從未向父母要過錢,或尋求過幫助


and I’ve always lived a pretty secluded life from them.

每天的生活,也與他們十分疏離


We’re close,

我們關係很好


but not in a “I’m going to tell you every detail of my life” way.

但不是那種“我要把生活中所有的細節都告訴你”的好


 A little back ground:

再告訴你們吧


I moved out at 17,

17歲的時候我就從家裏搬出來了


went to university,

我去了大學


and dropped out in my third year.

在大學三年級輟學


I married my long term boyfriend,...

我與自己交往了很長時間的男友結了婚


we had a daughter,

我們有了一個女兒


I go back to school a second time.

我再次回到了學校


We decide to split up,

我和丈夫決定分開


my daughter and I find a new house to move into.

我和女兒找到新的住處,搬家


My car craps out

我的車徹底壞了


and I need to buy a new one.

我需要買輛新車


These last two years have been HARD.

最近兩年一直十分艱難


But we’re trekking on.

但我們堅持負重前行


I’m happier now than I was.

現在我比過去開心多了


Money is extremely tight,

錢花得緊巴巴的


but we are managing.

但還能對付過去


I was speaking to my dad

我與父親聊了會兒天


a few weeks ago

那是幾個星期以前


getting caught up

我被他叫過去


and he asked about my financial situation.

問我的財政狀況如何


I open up

我直話直說


and tell him things are fine, but tight.

告訴他情況還好,但有些吃緊


We’re doing okay.

我們沒事


He then tells me

接着他告訴我


he wants to send me some money

他想給我些錢


to cover my debts.

幫我還清貸款


I tell him it’s a lot.

我告訴他,我欠的貸款很多


$6000 in student loans,

學生貸款有6000美元


$4000 in credit card debt.

信用卡上還有4000元的欠款


He says he is proud of me

他卻說,他爲我感到驕傲


and the way I’ve moved through life so far.

爲我迄今爲止如何克服困難努力生活


He’s proud of the way

他爲我感到驕傲


I’ve been raising my daughter

爲我如何含辛茹苦的撫養女兒


and how independent I am.

爲我這麼獨立


He wants me to start this new chapter of my life

他希望我能開啓人生的新一章


with a clean slate

毫無掛礙


and this allows me

因爲他的幫助


to put the money I was putting towards debt repayment into savings.

我把本打算用於償還貸款的錢存了起來


I’m not sure

我自己也不太確定


what the point of this post was.

這篇文章想要表達什麼主題


I love my dad so much

我非常愛我的父親


and I’m appreciative of him

對他我十分崇敬


for giving me the gift of no debts.

爲他賜予我零債務的這份厚禮


It also feels good to be recognized

能被人理解,也讓我十分愉悅


for doing a good job raising my daughter.

有人明白我撫養女兒的辛苦


And to be told that

還有人告訴我


living independently is a good thing.

過獨立的生活是一件好事


I often feel guilty

現在我時常感到愧疚


for not being very open with my parents.

因過去沒有對父母這般開誠佈公