當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:你改變了我的一生 而你自己卻不知道!

雙語美文:你改變了我的一生 而你自己卻不知道!

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.79W 次

These two ladies profoundly impacted my life

padding-bottom: 82.97%;">雙語美文:你改變了我的一生 而你自己卻不知道!

這兩位女士對我的人生產生了深刻的影響


and I will never be able to thank them personally,

我卻永遠沒有機會對她們當面表示感謝了


so I will do it here.

所以我會在這裏表達謝意


First,

首先


to the random teenage girl on the train:

我要致那個在火車上偶遇的少女


You were talking with your friend.

那時你在和朋友聊天


She seemed really depressed

你的朋友看起來十分消沉


because she could not get a boyfriend.

因爲她找不到男朋友


I was half listening to the conversation

我無意間大致聽到了你們的對話


while dozing off

一邊還昏昏欲睡


and heard you say:

我聽到你說


"WHY do you want a boyfriend so much?

爲什麼你這麼想要有一個男友?


What do you think will change in your life

你覺得,自己的生活會發生什麼變化


after getting a boyfriend?"

當你有了男友之後


That woke me up.

這句話點醒了我


At the time,

那時


I was obsessing over getting a particular "dream job".

我岌岌的想要爭取一份“夢想中的工作”


I was depressed

爲此我十分消沉


and anxious about it,

十分焦急


I was crying over it.

我時常爲之哭泣


I was feeling like such a failure.

我感到自己太失敗了


It was all I could think or talk (and complain) about.

我滿腦子裏想的,口中說(抱怨)的都是這件事


As soon as I got home,

我一回到家


I made a list:

就做了一個清單


"Things that I think will change

生活中會有什麼樣的變化


 if I get my dream job".

如果我得到了我夢中的工作


It ended up being such a long list.

最後,我列出了一張非常長的清單


I was basically blaming all of life's problems,

基本上我就是在抱怨生活中的難題


big and small

有大有小


on not having this particular job.

似乎它們都是因爲我沒有得到那份工作才產生的


Not only that,

不僅如此


but I was also putting things "on hold"

我還擱置了許多事情


until after I got this job

一定要等到自己得到那份工作才願意做


for no good reason.

並沒有什麼正當的理由


Like I needed a particular job title

比如,我需要那個職位頭銜


to join a gym

才能去健身


or practice my hobby.

去發展自己的愛好


So I took that list

於是我拿起那張清單


and started DOING everything I wrote down.

開始實際的做每一件我寫下的事情


I started addressing the problems directly

我開始直面那些問題


and finding outlets for the things

尋找某些事情的出口


I was not satisfied with.

排解自己對那些事情的不滿


I still wanted the job,

我仍然 那份工作


but my happiness did not depend on it.

但我是否幸福並不完全儀仗於它


Since then,

從那時起


when I find myself obsessing over a particular thing,

每當我發現自己沉湎於某樣東西


I always take the time

我總會花些時間


to think

去想一想


if I'm using it as an excuse

我是不是在用這樣東西當做藉口


to not work on other problems I might have.

從而不去解決自己可能面臨的其他難題


Thank you,

謝謝你


teenage girl on the train.

火車上的少女


You were trying to help your friend

你只是想幫助自己的朋友


and changed a stranger's life instead.

但你卻改變了一個陌生人的一生


Second,

我第二個要感謝的


to the woman that lives in an apartment

是住在同一棟公寓裏的女人


somewhere above me:

她家正好在我樓上


You moved to the building

你搬進公寓時


shortly after I did.

我剛搬進去不久


I heard some people move

我聽到有人搬運東西的聲音


what sounded like a very heavy object

聽上去像是十分沉重的東西


up the stairs

就在我的樓上


and you thanking them

你連聲道謝


with such happiness in your voice.

聲音裏滿滿的歡欣


And then I heard music.

然後我聽到了音樂


You almost didn't wait for the movers to leave

你甚至不願意等到搬家的人離開


before you started playing that piano.

就開始彈奏你的鋼琴


And you kept playing.

你一直彈下去


Every day.

每天如此


Every day

每天


I heard the piano

我都聽到鋼琴聲


and I remember thinking

我記得自己那時想到


"She plays beautifully,

她彈得多麼好


I wish I was that good at my hobby".

真希望我對自己的愛好也是如此精通


And then I felt like an idiot.

這時我才知道自己多麼愚蠢


Because

因爲


I was hearing you play every day

我每天都聽到你彈鋼琴


while I was wasting time online.

自己卻在上網浪費時間


So I closed my laptop

於是我關上了自己的筆記本


and got practicing.

開始練習


I'm trying to build that habit now.

現在,我正努力發展自己的愛好


Sometimes

有時


it's hard to find that motivation ,

我很難找到自己的動力


sometimes I forget .

有時我會忘記


But every day I hear you play,

但是每天我都會聽到你練琴


and every time

每到這時


I stop what I'm doing

我會停下手頭正在做的事情


and practice for a little bit.

練習一小會兒


I'm still not great,

我仍然技藝不佳


but I'm getting better.

但我在不斷進步


Thank you,

謝謝你


lady who lives in my building.

與我住在同一棟樓裏的女士


You are just practicing a skill you enjoy

你只是在練習一項你喜歡的技藝


and you inspired a stranger to do the same.

你卻激勵了一個陌生人向你那樣去做


推薦閱讀

  • 1每日一句口語 第714期:人們總說時間會改變一切,但事實上,你必須自己去改變一切
  • 2每日一句口語 第1157期:人們總說時間會改變一切,實際上你自己必須去改變一切
  • 3影視英語口語:你都不知道自己是誰了
  • 4日語每日一句:自己不做出改變,周圍的人也絕不會改變的。
  • 5改變不了環境,就改變自己
  • 6每日一句泰語:只有知道爲了什麼或是爲了誰而做出的改變,纔不會讓人覺得勉強
  • 7英語每日一說:我一直在想,如何才能讓你知道,對我而言你有多重要。我清楚地記得當初愛上你時的情景,一如發生在昨晚。——《她》
  • 8後來你看着我而你卻不知我也在看着你
  • 9你可能知道美麗的威尼斯,但是卻不知道一樣美麗的威尼斯大學!
  • 10每日一句口語 第1256期:你不能等待別人來安排你的人生;自己想要的自己爭取
  • 11愛你那麼久,你卻不知道我的名字
  • 12雙語美文:改變世界 從改變自己開始
  • 13美文賞析:當你學會愛自己 一切都會改變
  • 14韓語每日一句:當你想到這個世上只有孤單的自己就會覺得充滿悲傷,但是如果你不覺得自己是孤單的,那麼悲傷會減小,我們並不是一個人,只是因爲太近了看不到別人而已。
  • 15《你不知道的自己》讀後感
  • 16韓語美句:只有我能改變自己的人生
  • 17英語每日一說:一生至少該有一次,爲了某個人而忘了自己,不求有結果,不求同行,不求曾經擁有,甚至不求你愛我。——張愛玲
  • 18我不知道的祕密你卻真的知道650字
  • 19日語每日一句:一切看自己,改變自己的話世界也將改變。
  • 20每日一句口語 第1803期:愛,從不需要你去改變自己