當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:我早就說了嘛!

雙語美文:我早就說了嘛!

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.21K 次

Those 4 words never sounded so good

padding-bottom: 48.28%;">雙語美文:我早就說了嘛!

我從未覺得這幾個字如此動聽


til the June morning

直到一個六月的早晨


in my mom's hospital room.

在母親的病房裏


It began when my mother was admitted to the hospital

事情的開始是這樣的,我母親要住院


for a really bad infection in her bladder.

因爲膀胱有嚴重的感染


It was November 21

那是11月21日


when they called us to her hospital room

醫院把我們一家人叫到母親的病房裏


to tell us my mom had a mass tumor

告訴我們,母親長了一個腫塊腫瘤


it was big in her stomach

在她的胃裏,面積很大


and it was malignant.

是個惡性腫瘤


They went over a couple of options

他們列出了幾種治療方案


but all I heard was MDAnderson & biopsy.

我卻只聽到了癌症中心和活體檢查


That same night at about 2 a.m.

當天夜裏,凌晨兩點鐘的時候


my mom got dressed

我母親穿戴整齊


called my stepdad

叫上我的繼父


and walked out of that hospital,

兩人走出了醫院


she wanted to go home.

她想要回家


The next morning

第二天早上


we went to talk to the surgeon

我們去找醫生談話


to find out what does this mean,

去詢問母親昨晚的舉動有何用意


how long does she have by refusing treatment

她這樣拒絕治療,還剩下多少日子


& he said 15 days

他說,大概半個月


maybe less.

也可能更少


I was so scared

我害怕極了


I couldn't accept losing my mom

我不能承受失去母親的痛苦


my only parent

雙親裏我只剩下她了


since dad died when I was 5 yrs old.

因爲我5歲的時候父親就過世了


My stepdad was an ok kinda person

我的繼父是一個不冷不熱的人


just not involved with our lives growing.

在我們成長過程中,都沒有管過我們


So 15 days,

所以,還有半個月


I had

這就是我所有的全部


to pray, to beg, to cry,

我只有這些時間去祈禱,去乞求,去痛哭流涕


to spend time with my mom.

去與母親共度


I didn't judge her decision

我沒有職責她放棄治療的決定


she's my mom

她是我的母親


she has earned the right to decide what she wants.

她有權決定自己想要的是什麼


My siblings didn't see it that way

我的兄弟姐妹們並不這樣想


but really what can you do.

可是你能怎麼做呢


I asked everyone I came in contact with

我對自己能聯繫上的每一個人都發出了請求


if they could say wish good luck for my mom,

我問他們能否祝我母親好運


I mean everyone.

我說的是所有人


The day came and went

日子一天天過去


and she did sleep a lot

她確實睡得很多


but my stepdad says she seems ok,

但是繼父說,她看起來情況還不錯


when I'd go visit her

當我去看望她的時候


I would just sit and stare at her

我坐在那裏,緊緊的盯着她


I imagine she probably felt like a specimen under a microscope

我想,她大概覺得自己就像是顯微鏡下面的一個標本


because she'd just cough

因爲,她只不過喝水嗆了一下


and all heads turned to her glasses of water

所有人都看向她手中的水杯


in every direction

從各個方向看着她


my poor mom.

我可憐的媽媽


Then 7 months later

7個月過後


she ends up back in hospital

她又住進了醫院


because her bladder is hurting real bad.

因爲她的膀胱疼的很厲害


I remember sitting there

我記得自己坐在那裏


just me and my granddaughter

只有我和我的小孫女


because she really wanted to visit her

因爲她很想看望一下她的曾祖母


and I watched her do her crossword puzzle

我看着她玩字謎


trying to sneak in a picture here and there.

設法在這裏那裏拼出一個圖案來


The oncologist walks in the room

醫生走進病房


asks my mom how she feeling

問我母親感覺如何


she says I feel fine

她說,我感覺挺好的


can I go home now?

今天我能回家了嗎


The Dr then says

醫生說


i'm sorry

實在抱歉


but I cannot be your doctor

可是,我沒法給你看病


so I cannot make that decision.

所以,我也不能決定你何時出院


She looks confused

母親一臉的疑惑


I'm stunned

我也感到十分驚訝


so I asked what did my mom do now?

於是問道,我媽媽又做了什麼


He smiled

醫生笑了笑


and looked my mom straight in her eyes

直直的看着母親的眼睛 


he says I'm a cancer doctor

他說,我是一個腫瘤醫生

 

since all your tests came back clear

你的結果都非常好


I cannot be in charge of your care.

我不能再掌管你的健康問題了


I'm looking at him

我定定的看着醫生


wide eyed big goofy smile

雙目圓瞪,一臉傻笑


and as I turned to see my mom's reaction

我轉過頭去看母親的反應


she picks up her crossword puzzle

母親拿起我女兒的字謎遊戲

 

says as casual as can be

用最隨意的語氣說


"See I told you I wasn't sick!"

“看吧,都跟你說了,我沒病!”


I could only manage to say

我一時百感交集,只能說出話一句


"yup you sure did mom."

“嗯吶,你確實說過,媽媽”


That was 2 and a half years ago

這是兩年半之前的事情


and she's still mouthier as ever

她還和往常一樣巧言善辯


but I went and thanked everyone

我向所有的人都道謝了


because I truly witnessed a miracle first hand.

因爲我真的親眼見證了一個奇蹟