當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:發個圖片,也能讓人熱淚盈眶

雙語美文:發個圖片,也能讓人熱淚盈眶

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.01W 次

Today

雙語美文:發個圖片,也能讓人熱淚盈眶

今天


I was asked if I am any good with phones

有人問我,我會不會使用手機


by an elderly man

問我的是一位老爺爺


as he was trying to open a picture message

他正試圖打開一個圖片文件


 that his granddaughter had sent.

圖片是他的孫女發來的


I took a look at his phone

我看了一眼他的手機


which was a really old Nokia.

原來是一個款式十分古早的諾基亞


As he didn’t have a smart phone

由於他沒有智能手機


I told him that he wouldn’t be able to view it.

我告訴他,他看不到這張圖片


He was gutted

他十分沮喪


and went on to tell me

又告訴我


that it was a photo of his granddaughter and her new baby

那是他孫女的照片


who he hadn’t seen yet

他還沒有見過小重孫


as they live in another city.

因爲他們住在另一個城市


So,

於是


I forwarded the message to my phone

我把圖片轉發到我自己的手機上


and eventually managed to open the picture.

終於成功打開了這張圖片


He was so emotional seeing his great granddaughter for the first time

第一次看到自己的小重孫,他百感交集


and you could see his love for them both through his teary eyes.

從他含着眼淚的眼睛,你可以看到他對母子兩人的愛意


The man insisted on giving me £20

這個老人堅持要給我20元錢


to treat my daughter to a toy

讓我給我女兒買一個玩具


as a thank you for helping him,

作爲幫助他的答謝


which I insisted I didn’t want,

我堅持拒絕


but he was having none of it.

但他執意如此


So, I asked him to wait there

於是,我請他等我一下


and I went to boots and printed the photo for him

用一個程序爲他把圖片打印出來


and ended up buying a frame for it too.

隨後又爲這張照片買了一個相框


When I returned with the framed photo,

當我帶着裝裱好的照片回到他身邊時


he was so happy,

他開心極了


literally overwhelmed .

簡直是喜不自勝


This just made my day to make someone so happy.

能讓他如此開心,我的這一天也十分高興