當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:聽,那美妙的樂曲

雙語美文:聽,那美妙的樂曲

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.39W 次

A beautiful, breathtaking tabla music echoed on the air,

雙語美文:聽,那美妙的樂曲

空中迴響着美妙而令人窒息的手鼓音樂,


breaking the silence of the surrounding everyday at blue hour, that the Sun is at a significant depth below the horizon.

打破了每天清晨時分,太陽還遠在地平線以下的時候,四周環境中的靜謐


Many years passed,

匆匆數載過去


but still the same tabla practice was going on everyday for three, four hours

每天同樣的練習手鼓的音樂都會響起,演奏時間長達三、四個小時!


Even the birds were silent to listen the soothing music,

就連鳥兒都不再啾喳亂鳴,安心聽着這令人心曠神怡的音樂


coming out from a small hut just near a river bank.

這音樂來自一個小小的木屋,就坐落在河岸上。


I could hear the sound from my terrace everyday at that very particular time and the hut was few yards away from my building.

每天早上,在那個特定的時間,我站在陽臺上,就能聽到那美妙的音樂,那座小木屋離我家只有不到幾碼遠的距離


One day, I couldn't resist my anxiety to know who the person was!

有一天,我終於剋制不住自己的好奇心,想要知道演奏音樂的到底是誰


So, one morning I stepped forward towards the hut.

於是,一個早晨,我朝小木屋走去


The music was continuing.

音樂還在繼續


Without disturbing, I stood there waiting for the person to come out.

我沒有打攪那個演奏的人,只是站在小木屋旁,等着裏面的人走出來。


Nearly after ten minutes, a middle aged man came out from the hut and he was ready to lock the door.

大概十分鐘之後,一箇中年男人從木屋裏走出來,正準備把木屋的門鎖上。


I cleared my throat, making a slow sound to draw his attention.

我清了清嗓子,小聲哼唧了一下,想吸引他的注意。


He looked at me and simply said, "Yes! Do you want anything?"

他看了看我,簡單的回了一句,“你好!你有什麼事嗎?”


I said, "Yes! Your music is really amazing!"

我說道,“是的,你演奏的音樂實在太美妙了!”


"Thanks!" he replied shortly.

“謝謝!”他簡短的說。


"May I ask you some questions?"

“我能問你個問題嗎?”我說。


"Yes," he said.

“請說。”他答道。


"How many years have you been practicing this music?

“你練習演奏這段音樂多少年了?”


I think, you have already mastered it.

我覺得您的演奏簡直是爐火純青


It is so beautiful and so perfect!," I passed a complementary statement.

實在太美妙,太完美了!“我不禁讚歎。


"Thank you for your appreciation!

謝謝你的讚揚!


I am practicing it for last three years, but why?", he questioned me immediately.

“我練習這首曲子已經三年了,不過,您問這個幹什麼呢?”他隨即問道。


"Nothing, just like that.“

沒事,只是問問而已。


I think, if you can visit to any metro city and display your music,

我想,如果你想拜訪一下哪個大城市,去演奏一下你的音樂


it would be wonderful!

那就太棒了!


Thousands of people would come to know

到時候,會有成千上萬的人來聽你演奏音樂


and you would earn lots of money, name and fame too!

你會賺很多很多錢,會有很大很大的名氣,還會得到很多很多的讚揚!


Why don't you try?"

你爲什麼不試試呢?


The man looked at me peculiarly, said,

中年男人看了我一眼,說道,


"Ma'am, thank you so much for your suggestions. “

女士,非常感謝您給我的建議


I don't want any of these three.

不過我對您說的那三種東西,我都不想要


I don't want to commercialise my divine gift.

我不想用自己神聖的天賦去牟利


I am happy with whatever I have!

我對自己擁有的一切感到幸福


Money is not everything.

金錢並非一切


I play it to my own self satisfaction, nothing more.

我演奏音樂只是自娛自樂,僅此而已


When I play tabla , I forget the existence of myself."

當我演奏手鼓的時候,我甚至會忘了自己的存在


Without waiting for any further question,

說完,男人不等我繼續提問


the man passed over my side slowly and walked away.

他從我身旁走過,走遠了


I wondered at his attitude!

他的處世態度讓我震驚了!


In this generation, today's fast pace world,

在如今這個年代,在這個高速向前的世界


this man ignored the huge amount of money, he could earn!

對於自己本應可以轉到的大筆錢財,他竟能毫不動心!


翻譯:小木