當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:有這樣的鄰居,感覺自己中了彩票

雙語美文:有這樣的鄰居,感覺自己中了彩票

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.16W 次

It was supposed to be the storm of the decade

padding-bottom: 52.66%;">雙語美文:有這樣的鄰居,感覺自己中了彩票

這本是一場十年一遇的天災


and it lived up to it's namesake.

它也無愧於自己的名號


Every house on our street was knee deep in snow

街上每座房子都淹沒在齊膝的積雪之中


and we live on a hill so no one could go anywhere.

我們住在山上,誰也下不了山


As I'm having my coffee,

那時我正喝着咖啡


thinking about what I'm going to do indoors with the kiddos,

想着我和孩子們可以在屋裏做點什麼事


and looking out the window, I see a man on my porch .

我望向窗外,發現門廊上有一個人


My neighbor is shoveling the steps and the walkway clear of snow ...

我的鄰居正在清除我家門前臺階和走廊上的積雪


 and laying down salt!

還細心的撒上了鹽!


Then I see a few other men from the neighborhood

接着我看到了住在附近的另外幾個男人


shoveling the sidewalks and driveways of our elderly neighbors.

他們在爲附近一些年老的住戶清除走廊和車道上的積雪


My heart swells.

我的心裏充滿了感動


These guys are taking their morning to make sure their neighbors are okay

這些人願意花自己一大早的時間,只爲他們的鄰居能安心出行


and that they can safely walk to and from their cars.

能安全的沿着車道從車庫裏進出


I am so fortunate and feel like I've won the neighbor lottery.

我太幸運了,有這樣好的鄰居,我覺得自己中了彩票一般


Twenty-seven years later,

二十七年過去了


they are still the best neighbors anyone could ask for

他們仍然是所有人都希望得到的最好的鄰居


- rain [snow] or shine.

無論在雨天(雪天)或者晴天


翻譯:小木