當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語小故事 > 中國寓言故事雙語版 第36期:自相矛盾

中國寓言故事雙語版 第36期:自相矛盾

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.3W 次

padding-bottom: 72.85%;">中國寓言故事雙語版 第36期:自相矛盾

In ancient times, there was a man who sold spears as well as shields.

古時候,有一個人,他既賣矛又賣盾。

One day, he hawked his wares at the market and was very pleased with himself.

一天,他在集市上叫賣,非常得意。

He held up a shield and said: "My shield is very strong.

他舉起他的盾說:“我的盾非常堅固。

No matter how sharp a spear is, it cannot pierce my shield."

無論怎樣好的矛,都戳不穿它!”

After that, he held up his spear and bragged: "My spear is very sharp.

說完,他又舉起他的矛誇口說:“我的矛非常鋒利。

No matter how strong a shield is, my spear can pierce it.

無論怎樣堅固的盾都能戳進去!”

When the people standing by heard this, they laughed up their sleeves.

站在旁邊的人聽了,都暗暗地發笑。

One of them asked him: "According to what you said, your spear is the sharpest.

有人問他:“照你這樣說,你的矛是最鋒利的。

No matter how strong a shield is, your spear can pierce it.

無論怎樣硬的盾都戳得進去。

Your shield is also the strongest.

你的盾又是最堅固的。

No matter how sharp a spear is, it cannot pierce your shield.

無論怎樣鋒利的矛,也別想戳進去。

Now, if I poke your shield with your spear, what will be the result?"

那麼,現在我用你的矛來戳你的盾,看看結果會怎樣呢?”

The man was so embarrassed that he could not utter a single word.

那個人窘得連一句話也答不上來。