The english we speak(BBC教學)第157期:Chillax 冷靜
Wang Fei: (Screaming) Ahhh!!
王飛(尖叫)啊!Finn: Wang Fei, are you ok?
芬恩:王飛,你還好嗎?Wang Fei: (Screaming) No, no. Ahhh!!
王飛:(尖叫)不,不好。啊!
Finn: What's wrong? What's wrong?
芬恩:怎麼了?出什麼事了?Wang Fei: There's a big, green spider in the studio!
王飛:演播室裏有一隻巨大的綠色蜘蛛!Finn: A spider? Oh, it's only a spider. Chillax!
芬恩:一隻蜘蛛?哦,那只是只蜘蛛,冷靜!Wang Fei: Chillax?!
王飛:Chillax?!Finn: Yes, chillax. I'll get the spider... Now, hold on... Got it. Feel better?
芬恩:對,冷靜。我會處理這隻蜘蛛的……現在,等等……解決了。感覺好些了嗎?Wang Fei: Thanks, yes, much better. So Finn, what was that word you just said?
王飛:謝謝你,感覺好多了。芬恩,剛剛你説的那個詞是什麼意思?Finn: Chillax. It's a combination of two words. Can you guess them?
芬恩:Chillax,這是由兩個單詞組合而來。你能猜到是哪兩個詞嗎?Wang Fei: Chill... and... relax?
王飛:Chill和relax嗎?Finn: Chill and relax, yes. It means the same as chill or chill out or relax. So just now I told you to chillax, which means don't worry, relax.
芬恩:沒錯,就是chill和relax。意思就類似冷靜或是放鬆。剛才我讓你冷靜,意思就是別擔心,放鬆。Wang Fei: Oh, I understand. So if I tell somebody to chillax it means, basically, to relax or to calm down?
王飛:哦,我明白了。如果我跟某個人説chillax就是讓他放鬆或是冷靜下來?Finn: That's right. That's one way we can use it. For example:
芬恩:沒錯。這是我們應用這個短語的一種方式。比如:I'm so worried about going on my first date with Steven!
我很擔心和史蒂文的第一次約會。Chillax, it'll be ok. I'm sure you'll have a nice time.
放鬆下來,會沒問題的。我確定你會度過愉快時光的。Finn: You could also just say, I want to chillax or I'm chillaxing.
芬恩:你也可以説,我想放鬆一下。Wang Fei: Chillaxing.
王飛:放鬆。What are you doing tonight?
你今晚做什麼?Nothing special, just going to chillax at home.
沒什麼特別的,就只是在家放鬆。Wang Fei: So does chillax mean exactly the same as chill out and relax?
王飛:那chillax和冷靜還有放鬆的意思完全相同嗎?Finn: Well the meaning is the same, but chillax is a newer expression, so you probably won't hear it as much.
芬恩:意思是相同的,不過chillax是一種更新潮的表達方式,所以可能你聽到的並不多。Wang Fei: Great. So by the way Finn, where did you put that spider?
王飛:太棒了。對了,芬恩,你把蜘蛛放哪裏了?Finn: The spider?
芬恩:蜘蛛?Wang Fei: Yes, the big, green spider.
王飛:對,那隻巨大的綠色蜘蛛。Finn: Oh, the spider. I can't remember. I think I left it on the desk.
芬恩:哦,那隻蜘蛛。我不記得了。我想我把它放在桌子上了。Wang Fei: Really? Then what is that big, green thing climbing up your neck?
王飛:真的嗎?那在你脖子上爬的那個巨大的綠色物體是什麼?Finn: Eh? What? Ahhh!!
芬恩:呃?什麼?啊!Wang Fei: Ha ha. Finn, chillax! I was just kidding.
王飛:哈哈,芬恩,放鬆!我只是開玩笑的。Finn: Very funny Wang Fei. Bye for now.
芬恩:太有趣了,王飛。現在該説再見了。Wang Fei: Bye.
王飛:再見。重點講解:
1. a combination of
結合;聯合;混合;
eg. Good consulting is a combination of detective work. counseling, and in-depth industry knowledge. "
好的顧問結合了偵探工作、諮詢服務和深入的行業知識。
eg. Keeping fit requires a combination of healthy eating and regular exercise.
將健康的飲食習慣和經常性的鍛鍊二者結合才可以讓身體保持健康。
2. the same as
與…相似;與…一樣;
eg. He just wanted the war to end, the same as Wally did.
他只不過希望戰爭結束,和沃利想的一樣。
eg. Driving a boat is not the same as driving a car.
駕船和開車不是一回事。
3. chill out
(疲勞、緊張過後)放鬆,鬆弛;
eg. After raves, we used to chill out in each others' bedrooms.
以前每次狂歡派對過後,我們都會到彼此的卧室去放鬆一下。
eg. If you lead a stressful life, try to chill out by relaxing with friends after work.
如果你生活在壓力之中,通過工作之餘與朋友的放鬆來使自己冷靜下來。