當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 跟着Gwen學英語之每日早讀 第517期

跟着Gwen學英語之每日早讀 第517期

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.96W 次

The vision that was planted in my brain still remains, within the sound of silence.

跟着Gwen學英語之每日早讀 第517期

語音講解

跟着Gwen學英語之每日早讀 第517期 第2張

跟着Gwen學英語之每日早讀 第517期 第3張

跟着Gwen學英語之每日早讀 第517期 第4張

今日發音練習重點:

1. brain remains 押元韻

2. sound=s+ou+nd

3. planted的另一種讀法

winter/twenty/ I want it/ isn't it

言之有物

1. vision 幻覺/幻影

視力 poor vision 視力差

Cats have good night vision.

貓在夜間視力好。

想象力 he had visions of becoming famous(遠見).

vision不與介詞in、into和out of連用,但sight和view常與這些介詞連用:

There was nobody in vision.

There was nobody in sight.

A tall figure came into vision.

A tall figure came into view.

2. 詞鏈兒:XX remains/remained 存在着

If something still exists, you can say that it remains.

Even today parts of the old wall remain. 甚至在今天,牆的一部分仍然存在着。

拓展:remain XX 保持XX =stay

I was allowed to remain at home. 我可以在家呆着。

remain+adj.

remain silent 保持沉默

3. within XX 在XX之內

arrived within two days 兩天內到達

within a week 一週內

活學活用

請用 remains 隨意造句

The Sound of Silence

Paul Simon

Hello darkness, my old friend,

你好,黑暗,我的老友

I've come to talk with you again,

我又來同你談一談

Because a vision softly creeping,

因爲一種幻覺悄悄來臨

Left its seeds while I was sleeping,

趁我入睡時播下了種子

And the vision that was planted in my brain

那在我的腦海中生長的幻覺

Still remains within the sound of silence.

仍然滯留在寂靜之聲中。

In restless dreams I walked alone narrowstreets of cobblestone,

我孤獨地行走在狹窄的人街道上,

'Neath the halo of a street lamp,I turnedmy collar to the cold and damp

在路燈的光暈下寒冷潮溼,我翻豎衣領。

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of aneon light

刺痛我眼睛的霓虹燈劃破夜晚,

That split the night and touched the soundof silence.

觸摸到那寂靜之聲。

And in the naked light

在那無遮蔽的燈光裏

I saw ten thousand people, maybe more.

我看見成千上萬的人們,也許更多。

People talking without speaking,

人們交談不用口,

People hearing without listening,

人們傾聽不用口,

People writing songs that voices nevershare

人們寫出歌曲卻沒有人唱。

And no one dare

沒有人敢去

Disturb the sound of silence.

驚動那寂靜之聲。

Fools, said I,

我說:“你們是傻子,

You do not know

你們不知道

Silence like a cancer grows.

寂靜猶如癌症一般生長。

Hear my words that I might Teach you,

聽聽我教你們的語言,

Take my arms that I might reach you.

握住我伸給你們的手臂。“

But my words like silent raindrops fell,

但是我的話如同雨滴般無聲落下,

And echoed in the wells of silence

迴盪在寂靜的深井裏。

And the people bowed and prayed to the neonGod they made.

人們朝着他們創造的霓虹燈低頭祈禱。

And the sign flashed out its warning, inthe words that it was forming.

而霓虹燈廣告牌卻在一閃一閃發出警告:

And the signs said, the words of theprophets are written on the subway walls

“先知者的語言就在地鐵站牆上,

And tenement halls.

就在貧民的住房中。”

Whisper'd in the sounds of silence.

它還在寂靜之聲中低語。

《寂靜之聲》(The Sound of Silence)是Paul Simon和Garfunkel合作的一首歌曲,收錄在1964年10月19日錄製的專輯《Wednesday Morning》中。 該歌曲在1967年作爲美國電影《畢業生》的主題歌 ,2009年作爲電影《守望者》的插曲 ,2013年作爲電影《激戰》的插曲 。

關注微信號:TeacherGwen,跟着Gwen老師每天學點英語