怎樣與外國鄰居溝通交流?
A: Hello.
A:你好。
B: Yes, who is it?
B:唉,是誰呀?
A: My name is Li Ming. I’m your neighbor down the street.
A:我叫李明,是你家鄰居,住在街道那邊。
B: Okay. My name is John.
B:是嗎?我叫約翰。
A: Nice to meet you.
A:見到你很高興。
B: Nice to meet you, too.
B:我也是。
A: My son is your son's friend at school.
A:在學校裏我的兒子是你的兒子的朋友。
B: Oh yeah!
B:噢,是嗎?
A: My boy would like to invite your son over to our house tonight for a sleepover.
A:我兒子想請你兒子今晚來我家過夜。
B: No problem. What time should he come over?
B:沒問題,他什麼時候來好呢?
A: How about 7 o’clock?
A:七點可以嗎?
B: That’s great. Should he have dinner first?
B:太好了,他要先吃好晚飯再來嗎?
A: No, there’s no need. I think the boys want to order pizza.
A:不用,我想孩子們會喜歡訂匹薩餅。
B: Then when should I pick my son up?
B:那我什麼時候去接我兒子呢?
A: Don’t worry. I’ll bring him home after lunch tomorrow.
A:不用擔心,明天午飯後我就把他送過來。
B: Great, thank you.
B:好啊,謝謝了。
A: Oh! I forgot one more thing.
A:噢,我望了一件事。
B: What’s that?
B:什麼事?
A: Are you going to the School Play next week?
A:下禮拜你去看學校的話劇嗎?
B: Yes, I am.
B:去呀。
A: Maybe we can carpool?
A:我們可以拼車去嗎?
B: You're on!
B:沒問題,就這麼定了!註釋:
1. down the street 在街道的那邊,是在一條街上。
2. sleepover 過夜,這是專門描寫小孩想在他們的朋友家過夜的詞。
3. pick up (用車)接
4. School Play 就是學校學生演的話劇,國外很多學校每年都有一次話劇演出。
5. carpool 拼車,合用汽車
6. "You're on." 可以用來作爲在對方提議後的熱烈迴應,意思猶如中文裏的 “沒問題,就這麼說定了。” 此外還可用於對方向你挑釁、要求打賭的時候,爲了不讓自己被比下去,用 "You're on." 表示 “跟你賭了!” 來展現氣魄。