時尚英語口語表達(part1)
absent-minded:心不在焉的
批評用語,批評某人做事不專心,三心二意.
A: Jack! What are you doing?
B: Nothing.
A: You're always absent-minded. 你總是心不在焉.
2.A close mouth catches no flies 口緊不招禍;禍從口出
告誡人們說話時應注意說話對象,時間,地點,話題,言多必失.
A: what do you think of Lily?
B: what do you want to know?
A: she has changed a lot and...
B: stop! A close mouth catches no flies! 打住!口緊不招禍.
3.A fox in a lamb's skin:披着羊皮的狼
比喻有些人口蜜腹劍,爲了達到某種目的,把自己僞裝成好朋友,在關鍵時刻打你個措手不及.
A: I think Tommy is the right one for the personnel manager.我覺得湯米是人事部經理的最佳人選.
B: Be careful. He's a fox in a lamb's skin. 小心點,他是個披着羊皮的狼.
來源:恆星英語學習網-口語頻道
4.A piece of junk 一文不值
A: Look! I've bought an antique.
B:Sorry, in my eyes, it's a piece of junk. 抱歉,在我看來,它一文不值.
來源:恆星英語學習網-口語頻道
5. A smooth article 八面玲瓏的人
A: I prefer Jane to be my company. 我喜歡簡和我作伴.
B: Me too. She's a smooth article.我也是.她是個八面玲瓏的人.
6. A spanish athlete 吹牛的人
A: Alice said that she could do it better than you.
B: A spanish athlete. 她可真能吹牛.
來源:恆星英語學習網-口語頻道
7. All at sea 茫然不知所措
A: what do you think of your new job?
B: I'm all at sea. Perhaps you can give me some advice. 我真是茫然不知所措.或許你能給我些好建議.