當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習方法 > 日常生活的英語情景口語會話

日常生活的英語情景口語會話

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.19W 次

英語的學習比開口說是學習不好的,下面小編就給大家分享看看英語口語,就給大家來收藏哦

日常生活的英語情景口語會話

  The Perfect Candidate 完美的選手

Aimee: So what are some of the characteristics of the women and the girls who always win?

艾米:在選美比賽中獲勝的女生有哪些特質?

Gilda: Well, you know, they have – well, recently, they did a sort of like a reality show. And like the whole country get to see what's happening in this Miss Venezuela organization. And they are always looking for something trendy, like what's popular in America.

吉爾達:嗯,最近她們拍了一個真人秀節目。所有人都可以看到委內瑞拉小姐比賽的準備情況。她們經常關注潮流,關注美國潮流。

Aimee: Okay.

艾米:好。

Gilda: If there's a blonde girl or a brunette or – and normally, tall with all the perfect, 90-60-90 – is it?

吉爾達:就身材高挑的金髮美女或褐發美女來說,完美的比例是90、60、90,對吧?

Aimee: Hmm?

艾米:什麼?

Gilda: 90-60-90 I think is the perfect...

吉爾達:我認爲完美的身材比例是90、60、90。

Aimee: Oh, you're talking about measurements?

艾米:哦,你在說三圍。

Gilda: Yeah, the body.

吉爾達:對,身材。

Aimee: Like body size measurements.

艾米:你指的是身材比例。

Gilda: Yes. Yes.

吉爾達:對。

Aimee: Right. So that's important too, obviously.

艾米:好。顯然這也很重要。

Gilda: Yes. Yeah. That's really important. Yeah. Also the hair, the eyes, the teeth, everything. Yeah, so they think about many, many things.

吉爾達:對。沒錯。這點非常重要。還有頭髮、眼睛、牙齒等等。要考慮很多方面。

Aimee: So it's all based on physical appearance.

艾米:所以完全看外表。

Gilda: Yes, yes.

吉爾達:對。

Aimee: Of course it's a beauty pageant.

艾米:當然了,這是選美比賽。

Gilda: Of course, they go under a training, I heard, of almost one year.

吉爾達:當然,她們要接受訓練,我聽說基本上要訓練一年的時間。

Aimee: Wow.

艾米:哇哦。

Gilda: So they train them in terms of how to express themselves using proper language.

吉爾達:會有專業人士訓練她們如何用得體的語言表達自己。

Aimee: Yeah.

艾米:好。

Gilda: And yeah, and also beauty; how to make-up, how to fix their hair or something like...

吉爾達:還有美容,她們要學習如何化妝,如何做髮型之類的。

Aimee: Okay. So like maintenance and self –

艾米:好。就像護理一樣。

Gilda: Yes, exactly.

吉爾達:對,沒錯。

Aimee: Self presentation, I guess.

艾米:我認爲這有點像自我呈現。

Gilda: Yes, yes, yes. Yes.

吉爾達:對,對,沒錯。

Aimee: Wow. What about – I don't know much about beauty pageants, so but I've heard or I've noticed that you have to have a skill as well, don't you? An extra, a special skill like what's your, what are you going to present to the judges as your additional skill. Is that the case?

艾米:哇哦。我不太瞭解選美比賽,不過我聽說選手也要有才藝,是吧?選手要有向評委展示的特殊才藝。是這樣嗎?

Gilda: That's more like American beauty pageants.

吉爾達:美國選美比賽可能是這樣。

Aimee: Okay.

艾米:好。

Gilda: So in Venezuela, they are not introduced like, they don't introduce to the audience a skill.

吉爾達:委內瑞拉的選美比賽不用展示才藝。

Aimee: Okay.

艾米:好。

Gilda: They just go there and do the swimsuit competition and the evening gown.

吉爾達:她們只要進行泳裝展示和晚禮服展示。

Aimee: Yeah.

艾米:好。

Gilda: And then, a question.

吉爾達:然後回答問題。

Aimee: Yeah.

艾米:嗯。

Gilda: And then they're crowned.

吉爾達:然後就可以決定冠軍歸屬了。

Aimee: What kind of question might it be?

艾米:評委一般會問哪類問題?

Gilda: Well, they have many kind of questions but sometimes the questions are really difficult.

吉爾達:有很多種問題,有時問題很難回答。

Aimee: Yeah.

艾米:好。

Gilda: But normally, it's about life, about world peace, about helping others, philanthropic activities. Yeah, that kind...

吉爾達:通常來說,問題都與生活、世界和平、幫助他人、慈善活動有關。基本是這類問題。

Aimee: Off the top of your head, can you give an example of a question that...?

艾米:現在你能想到一個問題嗎?你能舉個例子嗎?

Gilda: An example?

吉爾達:舉例?

Aimee: Yeah.

艾米:對。

Gilda: Like once, a girl was asked what's the difference between forgive and asking for permission. Like she had to explain what's the difference when you as for a permission and when you ask for forgiveness.

吉爾達:有一次,一個女孩被問到原諒和請求許可的區別。她必須要解釋請求許可和請求原諒的區別。

Aimee: Oh so, it's like a grammar question?

艾米:哦,這是語法問題嗎?

Gilda: Some sort of. The thing is that she fainted.

吉爾達:差不多吧。當時那個女孩暈倒了。

Aimee: She fainted?

艾米:她暈倒了?

Gilda: Yeah.

吉爾達:對。

Aimee: No.

艾米:不是吧。

Gilda: She couldn't answer. It was too much. And because, they're young. I mean, we're talking about girls 17, 18 years old, students. They were wearing lots of things. They're nervous. They're in front of millions of people and...

吉爾達:她無法回答這個問題。對她來說太難了。那是因爲,她還太年輕。我們現在說的是十七八的女學生。她們佩戴的飾物很多。她們很緊張。她們要面對數百萬人……

Aimee: It's a lot of pressure.

艾米:壓力非常大。

Gilda: Yeah. And yeah, maybe you say like, "Oh, that's an easy question." But at that particular moment, it might not be easy.

吉爾達:對,你可能會說,“哦,那個問題很簡單。”但實際上在那個特定的時刻,那個問題可能並不簡單。

Aimee: Yeah, of course.

艾米:對,當然了。

Gilda: And plus, they don't eat because they need to fit in their dress.

吉爾達:而且她們還沒有吃東西,因爲她們要確保穿進緊身的裙子裏。

Aimee: Oh my goodness.

艾米:哦,我的天哪。

Gilda: Yeah.

吉爾達:對。

Aimee: That just sounds so intense.

艾米:聽起來非常緊張。

Gilda: It is. It's like a marathon or something.

吉爾達:沒錯。就像馬拉松一樣。

  Meg's Travels 梅格的旅行

Todd: Hey, Meg. We are talking about traveling and visiting other countries. What countries have you traveled to?

託德:嗨,梅格。我們來談談去其他國家旅行。你去過哪些國家?

Meg: I've been to quite a few different countries. For example, Spain, Belize and Indonesia.

梅格:我去過很多國家。比如西班牙、伯利茲和印度尼西來。

Todd: Wow, three different continents.

託德:哇哦,這三個國家在三個不同的大洲。

Meg: Yeah, pretty far apart.

梅格:對,相隔很遠。

Todd: Wow, that's cool. So Spain, that must be a really nice country. What did you think of Spain?

託德:哇哦,那真酷。西班牙肯定是個美麗的國家。你認爲西班牙怎麼樣?

Meg: Spain is really beautiful. There's a lot of beautiful nature and also some nice cities. While I was there, I lived in a small city called Caceres.

梅格:西班牙真的很美。那裏有很多美麗的自然風景,城市也很美。我在那裏旅行時住在名爲卡塞雷斯的小城市。

Todd: Oh nice. Are the people really friendly in Spain?

託德:哦,不錯。西班牙人友好嗎?

Meg: Yes. Actually, the people are very friendly and very helpful, especially if you're lost.

梅格:友好。實際上,西班牙人既友好又樂於助人,尤其是在你迷路時,他們非常樂意幫忙。

Todd: Oh, that's great. I hear Spanish food is really, really good.

託德:哦,那太好了。我聽說西班牙食物非常非常美味。

Meg: Spanish food is delicious. I lived with a Spanish family and my Spanish mom cooked delicious meals every day for lunch. In Spain, seafood is really popular. So I ate a lot of fish and shrimp.

梅格:西班牙食物的確很美味。我當時和一個西班牙家庭住在一起,那家的女主人每天中午都會烹飪美味的飯菜。西班牙人非常喜歡海鮮。所以我吃了很多魚和蝦。

Todd: Oh, I love fish and shrimp.

託德:哦,我喜歡魚蝦。

Meg: Me too.

梅格:我也喜歡。

Todd: Now, Spain is really warm, right?

託德:西班牙很暖和,對吧?

Meg: Yes. Spain was very hot while I was there during the summer.

梅格:對。我是夏天去的西班牙,當時非常炎熱。

Todd: Oh yeah? How hot? How hot does it get?

託德:是嗎?有多熱?西班牙夏天有多熱?

Meg: It got up past 40 Degrees Celsius during the summer.

梅格:夏天的溫度超過40攝氏度。

Todd: Wow.

託德:哇哦。

Meg: Yeah. It was pretty hot.

梅格:對。非常炎熱。

Todd: Does it rain?

託德:夏天會下雨嗎?

Meg: It does rain. But when I was there in the summer, it didn't rain very often.

梅格:會下雨。不過我在那裏的那個夏天,雨水並不多。

Todd: So what about Belize? Belize is a really small country.

託德:那伯利茲呢?伯利茲是一個非常小的國家。

Meg: Belize is very small, but it's also hot similar to Spain in the summer.

梅格:伯利茲的確非常小,而且夏天也很熱,和西班牙差不多。

Todd: Why did you go to Belize?

託德:你爲什麼去伯利茲旅行?

Meg: I went to Belize on a study trip for school, and I stayed there for about two weeks.

梅格:我隨學校去伯利茲進行遊學考察,我在那裏待了兩週的時間。

Todd: Okay. Now, does Belize have good food?

託德:好。伯利茲有美食嗎?

Meg: Belize also has good food. There was a family that cooked for us and we had a lot of delicious almost Mexican type food.

梅格:伯利茲也有美食。有一家人負責我們的飲食,我們享用了很多美味的墨西哥式美食。

Todd: Oh really? So for example, what do you eat? Like, what do people eat in Belize?

託德:真的嗎?你都吃了哪些美食?伯利茲人一般都吃什麼?

Meg: People eat – it's kind of like a taco but flat with a tortilla, and some meat and vegetables on top and some spices that make it really delicious.

梅格:伯利茲有一種像墨西哥煎玉米粉卷的食物,在墨西哥薄餡餅上放肉類、蔬菜和調料,非常好吃。

Todd: So the last country is Indonesia. When did you go to Indonesia?

託德:最後一個國家是印度尼西亞。你什麼時候去的印尼?

Meg: I actually went to Indonesia just last year.

梅格:我去年去的印尼。

Todd: Oh wow. How long did you stay?

託德:哇哦。你在那裏玩了多長時間?

Meg: I only stayed there for about a week.

梅格:我只玩了一週左右。

Todd: Oh yeah? Oh, short trip.

託德:是嗎?短途旅行。

Meg: Yeah, it was a short trip, but I was just visiting some friends there.

梅格:對,是短途旅行,我是去那裏看望朋友的。

Todd: Where did you go?

託德:你去了哪裏?

Meg: I went to Jakarta and Bali.

梅格:我去了雅加達和巴厘島。

Todd: Oh, okay. So I hear Bali has really beautiful beaches. Is it true?

託德:好。我聽說巴厘島有非常漂亮的海灘。是真的嗎?

Meg: Yeah, it's true. There are a lot of famous and beautiful beaches in Bali.

梅格:沒錯。巴厘島有很多著名的美麗海灘。

Todd: Oh, did you surf in Bali?

託德:哦,你在巴厘島衝浪了嗎?

Meg: I've never surfed before. Usually, when I went to the beach, I just wanted to put my feet in the water.

梅格:我從來沒有衝過浪。通常我去海灘只想把腳放在海水裏。

Todd: Oh yeah. Now, Bali also has very famous scenery on the inside like the rice fields. Did you see the rice fields of Bali?

託德:哦。巴厘島內陸以稻田而聞名。你有去欣賞稻田美景嗎?

Meg: No, I didn't see the rice fields. But I did go to some famous historical spots.

梅格:沒有,我沒有去稻田。不過我去了一些著名的歷史景點。

Todd: So of the three countries – Spain, Belize and Indonesia – what country was your favorite?

託德:西班牙、伯利茲和印尼,這三個國家你最喜歡哪裏?

Meg: Maybe Spain was my favorite because I love learning language and it was really nice to stay with my Spanish family.

梅格:應該是西班牙吧,因爲我喜歡學習語言,而且和西班牙家庭一起生活很美好。

Todd: Yeah. I could see that. I really want to go to Spain, and I hope to go soon.

託德:好。我可以理解。我也想去西班牙,希望不久後能實現。

Meg: I hope you can go too. It's beautiful.

梅格:我也希望你能去。那裏真的很美。

  20 Years Abroad 20年國外生活

Meg: Hey, Todd. I know you've traveled a lot. What countries have you lived in?

梅格:嗨,託德。我知道你經常旅行。你在哪些國家生活過?

Todd: I've lived in three countries. I've traveled to many, many countries. But I've actually lived in three. I lived in England for one year. I lived in Thailand for four years. And I have lived in Japan for 15 years.

託德:我在三個國家生活過。我去過很多國家旅行。不過生活過的國家只有三個。我在英國住了一年,在泰國生活了四年。到目前爲止,我在日本生活了15年。

Meg: Wow. So when you lived in England, why did you live there?

梅格:哇哦。你爲什麼在英國生活?

Todd: It was the first country I traveled to after college. And I had a work permit, a work visa for one year. And I worked at a pub restaurant, which was great. It was in the countryside. And I really enjoyed it. And then I did that for six months. I lived near Cambridge. So, I was near Cambridge University. And then after that I moved to London. And again, I worked at a restaurant. And I lived in London and just worked.

託德:那是我大學畢業後去的第一個國家。我當時拿的是工作簽證,有效期一年。我在一家酒吧餐廳工作,那裏非常好。那家餐廳位於鄉村。我非常喜歡那裏。這份工作我做了六個月。那裏位於劍橋附近,我住在劍橋大學附近。然後我搬去了倫敦。我依然選擇在餐廳工作。後來我就在倫敦工作、生活。

Meg: Wow. So it was after college. How old were you?

梅格:哇哦。你是大學畢業以後去的。那時你多大?

Todd: I was 23 years old.

託德:23歲。

Meg: Oh, and living in London. That must have been fun.

梅格:哦,你生活在倫敦。那一定很好玩。

Todd: It was fun. And interestingly, when I went to England, I could not speak English. So, I could not understand British people. It took me maybe two months before I could understand their English. So it was very, very difficult to understand British people when I first moved there.

託德:的確很有趣。有意思的是,我去英國時,我不會說英音。所以我聽不懂英國人的話。我用了大概兩個月才聽懂英音。我剛到那裏時,很難聽懂英國人的話。

Meg: Ah, so you liked it.

梅格:你喜歡英國。

Todd: I did like England. It was fun. It was my first country. But the weather was cold for me. I'm from California, and California in the United States is very warm. So I didn't like the weather. But that's okay because all British people don't like the weather, too.

託德:我喜歡英國。那裏的生活很有趣。英國是我去的第一個國家。不過,對我來說那裏有點冷。我來自美國加州,加州非常溫暖。我不喜歡英國的天氣。不過那也還好,因爲所有英國人都不喜歡英國的天氣。

Meg: Oh, really?

梅格:真的嗎?

Todd: Yeah. Everybody complains about the weather.

託德:對。所有人都在抱怨天氣。

Meg: So after England, did you move someplace warmer?

梅格:在英國之後,你有去更暖和的地方嗎?

Todd: I did. Right after England, I moved to Thailand. And I lived in Thailand for over four years.

託德:有。離開英國以後,我去了泰國。我在泰國生活了四年。

Meg: Wow. Why did you live in Thailand?

梅格:哇哦。你爲什麼在泰國生活?

Todd: I was traveling. And in Thailand I had no money and I needed a job. And I wanted to stay in Thailand, so I became an English teacher.

託德:我當時在四處旅行。到泰國時,我身上沒有錢了,我需要找份工作。而且我想繼續留在泰國,所以我成爲了英語老師。

Meg: Really?

梅格:真的嗎?

Todd: Yeah.

託德:對。

Meg: Did you teach English there for four years?

梅格:你在泰國教了四年英語?

Todd: I did. So I went there and I began teaching English. Then I got a teaching course certificate to teach English in Thailand, and I really enjoyed it. The Thai students were really fun. And Thailand is a great place to live because the weather is really nice. The people are really friendly and the food is delicious. It has the best food in the world, I think.

託德:對。我在泰國開始從事英語教學工作。後來我獲得了在泰國教授英語的教師證書,我很喜歡那份工作。泰國學生很有趣。泰國是一個很適合居住的地方,因爲那裏的天氣很不錯。泰國人很友好,而且食物也很美味。我認爲泰國的食物是世界上最好吃的。

Meg: I've also heard that Thailand is beautiful. Is it true?

梅格:我聽說泰國是個很漂亮的國家。是這樣嗎?

Todd: It is. It has many, many beautiful islands and it has lots of beautiful places with nature and the mountains. It has jungles. It has beautiful beaches. So it's a nice place to live.

託德:沒錯。泰國有很多美麗的島嶼,也有很多美麗的自然景觀和山區。泰國還有叢林和美麗的海灘。所以,泰國是適合居住的地方。

Meg: So you like Thailand, too.

梅格:你也喜歡泰國。

Todd: I did. Thailand was great. Yeah.

託德:對。泰國很不錯。

Meg: So England, Thailand, you said next was Japan?

梅格:英國和泰國之後,是日本?

Todd: Yeah, so next was Japan. And Japan is nice. I am a teacher, an English teacher in Japan and I love teaching English in Japan. Like Thailand, the food is really, really good. The people are nice. The scenery is really beautiful. So Japan is really nice.

託德:對,是日本。日本很不錯。我在日本當英語老師,我喜歡在日本教英語。和泰國一樣,日本的食物也很美味。日本人很不錯。風景也很漂亮。所以日本很好。

Meg: Are there fun things to do in Japan?

梅格:日本有什麼有趣的活動?

Todd: Yes. Actually, I like Japan the most because you get everything. You get lots of beautiful nature. So, you can go hiking. You can go see beautiful beaches. You can go to really nice islands. But also Japan has many, many nice cities. So you can go to Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka and the cities have lots to do. There's good shopping, great restaurants. It's easy to travel in Japan by train and bus. So, it's really nice.

託德:有。我最喜歡日本,因爲日本什麼都有。日本有許多美麗的自然風景。你可以去徒步旅行。還可以去美麗的海灘和島嶼。而且日本有許多不錯的城市。你可以去東京、大阪、福岡遊玩。當然,日本也有不錯的購物中心和餐廳。坐火車和公交車在日本旅行很方便。所以,非常不錯。

Meg: Oh, that sounds like the best of both worlds.

梅格:哦,聽上去真是最好的地方。

Todd: Yeah, it is. Definitely a good place to live.

託德:沒錯。所以,日本非常適合居住